The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I'm sure Mr McLinden said we would be operating with a squad of 20, but by my reckoning we've now got 25.  Maybe the recent injury crisis has forced a rethink on that front, or he wasn't including loan signings in his figure.  Still 3 or 4 down on last season's number.

I reckon Johnstone and Ross could be sent out on loan with McLinden. The boys have done a good job filling in so far but IMO they aren't ready to be regular starters although Johnstone doesn't look as far away as I thought tbh. If we can avoid injuries I'd like to see those two go out on loan and continue playing rather than the odd 10/15 minutes for us. 

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

From the Record

Queens to loan Ayr striker

Queen of the South are set to win the fight to land Fraser Bryson.

The Doonhamers are close to agreeing a loan with Ayr United for their young striker.

Queens are set to beat off rival bids from Alloa Athletic, Kelty Hearts and Stenhousemuir.

Boss Peter Murphy is excited to land the 19-year-old.

40 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Sounds like The Record has been reading P&B again! 😎

Seriously though, sounds like a good forward addition. Really liking Murphy's squad building. All we need now is for @Monkey Tennis 's glass to be half full ... 😂

Apologies for not multi-quoting. Scott Burns is generally on the money tbf so I expect this is indeed happening. Ideal if it's done by tonight and he goes straight in. 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Sounds like The Record has been reading P&B again! 😎

Seriously though, sounds like a good forward addition. Really liking Murphy's squad building. All we need now is for @Monkey Tennis 's glass to be half full ... 😂

Hopefully getting there.  Tomorrow’s game will be interesting. 

I’m hopeful Bryden will light it up for you guys, he has experience in the championship and total of 9 goals across 72 games for Ayr career wise but only started 20 of them so he needs more starting minutes, glad to see hes going to hopefully get that here

10 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I’m hopeful Bryden will light it up for you guys, he has experience in the championship and total of 9 goals across 72 games for Ayr career wise but only started 20 of them so he needs more starting minutes, glad to see hes going to hopefully get that here

He definitely needs a season of playing regularly to see how he develops - his scoring record against lower league teams seems very good from memory, reckon he will do very well in L1 although a lot will probably depend how QoS play - he doesn't seem like a lone striker for example so hoping he will be part of a 2 

12 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He'll be to QotS what Wayne Rooney was to Everton/Man United.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

A fat mess? 😕

Did the stadium tour at Stamford Bridge a few years back and when we were in the away dressing room the Chelsea tour guide pointed out the large size of the treatment table saying ... that's because Rooney was so fat ... he was a bit of a cockney wide boy tbf. 😎

Lewis O'Donnell another that really impressed me last season when at Kelty 3rd player you've signed this summer that I would have happily of took at Accies along with Kennedy and Lyon. Queens building a really good L1 side and also have a really good manager to go with it. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

Have Queens won a league game shown live on tv since the BBC started regularly showing Championship games (from 2019) and League 1 games (from last season) (not including the one play-off game Queens won at Raith)?
From memory, I think they’ve been on 10 times and haven’t won any - 3 draws 7 defeats. I could be wrong, though.

1 minute ago, Artemis said:

Have Queens won a league game shown live on tv since the BBC started regularly showing Championship games (from 2019) and League 1 games (from last season) (not including the one play-off game Queens won at Raith)?
From memory, I think they’ve been on 10 times and haven’t won any - 3 draws 7 defeats. I could be wrong, though.

I remember we played Rangers years ago and won at Palmerston on tv but only match I can remember shown live that we have ha a victory in

16 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

I remember we played Rangers years ago and won at Palmerston on tv but only match I can remember shown live that we have ha a victory in

Yeah, that would have been on Sky, probably about 10 years ago. I was meaning the BBC games that I think started in January 2019 for the Championship and last season for League 1.