The Queen of the South thread

Paul Burns, said to be joining either St.Mirren or Morton.

Thoughts on him please Doonhamers !

He is easily good enough for the SPL. Play him on the right side of a four man midfield and you'll get the best out of him. He is not an out and out winger as such, but more of a tidy, energetic footballer with the capacity to bag a few goals. In my opinion, he has been the heartbeat of the Queen of the South side over the past few years and a crack at the SPL is long overdue. He won't let you down. I'll miss Burnsy.

Use got the money for Chisolm and Dodds aswell and apparently that was arond £400,000

:lol:

That makes perfect sense. Dodds was not under contract at Queens and Chisholm left with six weeks of his to run. According to the planet you inhabit, Chisholm must have been on nearly £70,000 per week at Queens. No wonder we're both in a spot of financial bother. :rolleyes:

To be fair to the board most managers have not left queens expressing frustration at having to deal with them. Even McCall's complaints were mainly just financial. Brannigan must have played his part in the breakdown of the relationship.

What is terrible is the general handling of the situation. There was absolutely no need to wait this long, this saga could have been ended a while back. To be honest if Rae has not been waiting for the Ayr Utd playoff to end then the new manager should have been appointed way before now.

To be fair to the board most managers have not left queens expressing frustration at having to deal with them. Even McCall's complaints were mainly just financial. Brannigan must have played his part in the breakdown of the relationship.

What is terrible is the general handling of the situation. There was absolutely no need to wait this long, this saga could have been ended a while back. To be honest if Rae has not been waiting for the Ayr Utd playoff to end then the new manager should have been appointed way before now.

Gordan Chisholm i think will be offered the job hope he turns it down.Scally will then be offered the job we have know money to go and get anyone else.

He's been a really important player for us for a long time and I'm pleased for him if he gets his crack at a higher level. We'll miss him lots though.

I don't see him letting anyone down in the SPL, but it'll be interesting to see if he can make an impact. I'm not entirely convinced, but hope I'm wrong.

Well I, for one, welcome the decision to get rid of KB.

I've not appreciated his overall approach to the job and I don't think his conduct merited the offer of a new contract.

Football seems to have its own way of doing things, but breaking the news by letter doesn't - on the face of it - sound like the best of form.

It won't cost me sleep though, as doing the right thing hasn't really been an obsession of KB either.

Gordan Chisholm i think will be offered the job hope he turns it down.Scally will then be offered the job we have know money to go and get anyone else.

Please no! If thats the only two choices then just give it to Scally FFS!!

As regards the financial situation at Palmerston Park, it's common knowledge that the last two winters haven't helped one bit. A few people have hit the nail on the head about financial mis-management, I don't think Queen's have been the only club to have been guilty in that department in recent years. I'm not going to name names but two years ago a member of another first division coaching staff I was talking to predicted serious problems at Palmerston Park lay ahead if the club didn't curtail it's spiraling wage bill.

As regards big Kenny's sacking. It was inevitable IMO. I know he perhaps doesn't perhaps do himself any favours in the way he conducts himself in the media. To be honest if it was left up to him and I think he's been quoted off the record in saying he doesn't want to deal with the press and media he just want's to be left alone to get on with coaching/managing the players. That might be down to the fact he doesn't trust certain members of the press who have hung him out to dry in the past especially earlier in his playing career but in management you have to accept dealing with the press comes with the job. He may need to bite the bullet and play ball with the hacks for the sake of his own career.

Personally, I think he's done a decent job under extreme circumstances at Queen's. I'm sure he'll get another job soon as a result although who suceeds him in the hot seat down in Dumfries remains to be seen. Money is tighter than it was last season by the sounds of it, so whoever comes in is going to have to work with his hands tied behind his back. The lack of funds might frigten off some of the usual suspects whose names are usually bandied around.

Anyone that says Brannigan deserves to be sacked are speaking absolute nonsense as far as Im concerned. To achieve 4th place and a cup final with a squad that size is nothing short of brilliant. Clearly the players all respected him and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

You think B Reid is going to QOS . f**k me why would he?

Why indeed.

As things stand and given the endless negativity coming form the club any ambitious manager would be crazy to head to us.

Falling gates, no money and as a result I fully expect a threadbare squad next year.

Ayr seem a better prospect than us, especially if they come up.

In McKenna you may have found the younger fitter version of Neil Macfarlane which is what he originally was for us. Last season though he was an infuriating ned and a complete liability with his knack of picking up bookings on a game by game basis. Mostly completely unnecessary as well. When available he will do you a turn and can fill in at CB or RB when required. Starts the season with a FIVE match ban though which will be the first of many.

No. I hope brian reid is going to QOS. Until now it would have been a step up, thats for sure. But with such big cuts happening that is perhaps no longer the case.

Looks like he has just left school.Can run all day and gives it everything in every game.

Queens most consistent player over the past few seasons,your gettin a good un.

Will be sorely missed .