The Queen of the South thread

Should have been sacked during the 12 game run, safe to say I wasn't a fan.

He saw fit to drop Dobbie for the European games and at one or two other points in his tenure.

That alone proves that he shouldn't be trusted with the job of picking a football team.

He saw fit to drop Dobbie for the European games and at one or two other points in his tenure.

That alone proves that he shouldn't be trusted with the job of picking a football team.

This

That as well, Dobbie coming off the bench for the hattrick was brilliant though.

Got a text during the Swansea game saying he is as good as back, :thumbsdown

I miss him like he was my brother

Great to see he'll get his chance at the premiership. I remember my moronic old firm supporting friends used to laugh, when I said he was far too good for either of them. Not too sure if they'd be so confident now, but then again it is old firm fans I'm talking about!

I miss him like he was my brother

Great to see he'll get his chance at the premiership. I remember my moronic old firm supporting friends used to laugh, when I said he was far too good for either of them. Not too sure if they'd be so confident now, but then again it is old firm fans I'm talking about!

Pure quality. That about sums up Stephen Dobbie. We were so lucky he hung about at Queens for so long.

I wouldn't have done it personally but sometimes a player needs a kick up the backside. Never the less to do it in those two games was criminal.

Interesting to note that Chisholm's brief attempts to play Dobbie as a creative striker in the "hole" just behind forwards were greeted with derision at the time but that is the position his career has been reinvented in at Swansea.

Pure quality. That about sums up Stephen Dobbie. We were so lucky he hung about at Queens for so long.

I consider it an absolute privilege to have seen him play for my club for two and a half years. Most of it pure genius. His form in his final six months with us was simply unbelievable. I believed then he would be an international player if he applied himself like that consistently and I still do. A player as naturallly talented as Dobs should never have been playing outside the top division in the first place.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I consider it an absolute privilege to have seen him play for my club for two and a half years. Most of it pure genius. His form in his final six months with us was simply unbelievable. I believed then he would be an international player if he applied himself like that consistently and I still do. A player as naturallly talented as Dobs should never have been playing outside the top division in the first place.

Yes, by an absolute mile, the best Queens player I've ever seen. Latterly, it was great going into games against anyone in the division, knowing that you had easily the best player on the park.

It is fair to say that he didn't play brilliantly for us at all times, but (if it's not too much of a contradiction) his quality was always

evident.

We were bloody lucky to have him. For a team like Queen of the South to ever leave someone that talented out was ridiculous - wilful contrariness on Chisholm's part which is hard to forgive.

Interesting to note that Chisholm's brief attempts to play Dobbie as a creative striker in the "hole" just behind forwards were greeted with derision at the time but that is the position his career has been reinvented in at Swansea.

Interesting yes, but in some respects not that surprising. We know he has the touch, vision and brains to play in that creative role and with quick, clinical guys in front of him, it should work.

At our level though, he was far too exceptional a finisher in his own right to justify playing him deeper. Nobody put ahead of him would be half as good as he was. It would therefore be wasteful to play him anywhere other than the part of the field that would enable him to do most direct damage.

Interesting yes, but in some respects not that surprising. We know he has the touch, vision and brains to play in that creative role and with quick, clinical guys in front of him, it should work.

At our level though, he was far too exceptional a finisher in his own right to justify playing him deeper. Nobody put ahead of him would be half as good as he was. It would therefore be wasteful to play him anywhere other than the part of the field that would enable him to do most direct damage.

Entirely fair comment. I wouldn't disagree at all actually. I just thought it was interesting, particularly as some of the criticism of the move at the time was that Dobbie was the wrong player for that sort of role.

I have followed Queens for many a long year and in that time have had many heros, Billy Collings, Peter Dickson, Jocky Dempster, Cloy, Cochrane Bowie etc. etc. but Stephen Dobbie is by far the best player I have ever seen in a Queens shirt. At time I found it impossible to believe that he was actually our player.

Good luck to the Dobbmeister! It will be great seeing him up against the top premiership defenders. In Harte and Griffin Reading had a couple of fine professionals but seeing Dobbie burn them up for pace revealed what Reading's Achiles heel was. No way could they survive with that defence in the EPL.

Now Dobbie is playing alongside equally talented players in an attractive style, maybe the top league will have a suitable replacement for Blackpool.

I agree with what has been said: Stephen Dobbie has been our best forward in a very long time and it was worth paying the money just to watch him.

In some ways Chisholm was a very lucky manager - when Dobbie came off with an injury in the cup semi, on came a much faster player with a big point to prove. I was so depressed about our chances at the time but John Stewart changed the whole game and achieved legendary status.

Funny ol' game! 8)

Edited by Tam

You'd have to think so. Given some of the dross thats been called up, its amazing to think Dobbie hasnt been given a chance

Nah! He has to much skill, flair and technique to make it as a Scotland player.

Nah! He has to much skill, flair and technique to make it as a Scotland player.

A bit part player with St Johnstone, a bit part player with Blackpool and a bit part player with Swansea. Even Chisholm kept him oot of the team for spells. As for Scotland, yer taking the biscuit there son. ;)

Aye and so are the Queens BoD. :angry:

Nae friendlies, nae players and nae manager and with all that, nae hope. :(

There is always hope, the club needs its fans now more than ever.