The Queen of the South thread

Don't be reeled in by him JM.

Look, you should be old enough to have heard it on the telly, even I can remember them talking about them dancing on the streets of Raith. :rolleyes:

I don't think Dobbie would be too shit hot at Scotland, keeping in mind that a Scottish striker will often be up top by his own and will have to put in a ton of workate would he really fit in? good player but wouldn't fit into any system I've seen Scotland play.

Sadly, Levein is quoted in the Sunday Herald today as seeing things exactly in the way you indicate.

He says that Scoland would need to change the way they play to 4-4-1-1 in order to accommodate Dobbie. It's clear that he has no intention of having this happen.

Depressing reading for Dobbie I'd imagine, as well as for anyone else who thinks it would be nice to see a technically capable player getiing a game.

Sadly, Levein is quoted in the Sunday Herald today as seeing things exactly in the way you indicate.

He says that Scoland would need to change the way they play to 4-4-1-1 in order to accommodate Dobbie. It's clear that he has no intention of having this happen.

Depressing reading for Dobbie I'd imagine, as well as for anyone else who thinks it would be nice to see a technically capable player getiing a game.

That`s not to say Dobbie wouldn`t be a decent option on the bench. I`ll be surprised if he doesn`t at least make the squad at some stage next season.

That`s not to say Dobbie wouldn`t be a decent option on the bench. I`ll be surprised if he doesn`t at least make the squad at some stage next season.

Yep. The same comments would also be true of McFadden and McCormack but they will still make squads, they just most likely won't start the big games. It's the like of those he's competing with.

I`ll be surprised if he doesn`t at least make the squad at some stage next season.

I'll be surprised if he does.

Levein had clearly been asked about Dobbie and was at pains to explain why he wasn't suitable.

You've got to remember that Levein's a dick.

I'll be surprised if he does.

Levein had clearly been asked about Dobbie and was at pains to explain why he wasn't suitable.

You've got to remember that Levein's a dick.

An inflexible dick by the sound of it.

Surely there is a place for talented players in the squad or should they only get a call up a if they can fit rigidly into Levein's prefered formation? Don't get me wrong, I think we will be stuck with that formation until Miller retires, but surely Levein has a Plan B and a change of formation in mind if circumstances dictate? If not there will be a few international standard players missing out on an a cap. Nothing new I suppose, but disappointing all the same.

Edited by qos_75

An inflexible dick by the sound of it.

Surely there is a place for talented players in the squad or should they only get a call up a if they can fit rigidly into Levein's prefered formation? Don't get me wrong, I think we will be stuck with that formation until Miller retires, but surely Levein has a Plan B and a change of formation in mind if circumstances dictate? If not there will be a few international standard players missing out on an a cap. Nothing new I suppose, but disappointing all the same.

Indeed, he does have an alternative formation if required. It's called 4-6-0.

Seriously, however, like others I'd have thought Dobbie was worth a punt for the bench at least. He possesses so much skill and vision that it would be complete folly to ignore his claims for a place much longer. He is also a sublime finisher. I don't think Scotland have anyone else with the ability to slot the ball low and hard into the corner on a seemingly consistent basis.

Edited by MB

Indeed, he does have an alternative formation if required. It's called 4-6-0.

How can anyone respect the Scotland manager after that formation. I'm still seething from that night, naw he wouldnay ken what a striker was even if he scored in every single game.

Had to laugh, "the most applicants we have had since I have been chairman". As if you have ever even looked before Davie!:rolleyes:

Aye auld Davie is past it now, starting to lose his marbles. I just can't understand why someone from the BOD or an outsider doesn't try to take control of the club. :(

Your board is cutting it fine! With the first competitive game at the end of July, even if they get a manager appointed in the next week or so, he has not got long to assemble a squad and get some kind of pre-season under their belts!

If it's any consolation, Morton had a completely new squad last season (although most of them were signed by now). They had pretty much a full pre-season and went on to take 9 points from the first 11 games to be bottom of the league at the end of October!

Edited by Tonsilitis

Your board is cutting it fine! With the first competitive game at the end of July, even if they get a manager appointed in the next week or so, he has not got long to assemble a squad and get some kind of pre-season under their belts!

If it's any consolation, Morton had a completely new squad last season (although most of them were signed by now). They had pretty much a full pre-season and went on to take 9 points from the first 11 games to be bottom of the league at the end of October!

Just saw on the MAD site that Allan Irvine is now in the frame. :blink: