The Queen of the South thread

Ohh , it's true alright . Gus was spotted in Greggs the Bakers ( Dumfries Branch ) earlier today with A.N.Other :D

In the same way John Hartson was spotted in the McDonalds near Palmerston the other day? ;)

What about guys like Barron and McGinn?

Lappin, Broadfoot, Van Zanten too.

He brings on kids that play directly for him in his first team squad. He had no choice in his first couple of seasons at St Mirren.

Excellent appointment for QotS.

He was a good manager for us which saw a few solid years of stabilization and progression before it went a wee bit stale and we began to hit a slippery slope, closer to relegation.

He works extremely well within a budget and with limited resources although finances will be a fair bit tighter at Queens than it was at any point here.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will prove to be a terrific manager at Palmerston and you'll finish in a decent league position. He likes to bring in the odd loan player who does

well, we had the likes of Charlie Adam, Graham Carey and Scott Cuthbert who were all good. A promotion charge this season will probably be too much of an ask considering the financial situation but you'll never know.

I have always been pro-Gus when he was here and I hope he does a good job for you.

What about guys like Barron and McGinn?

Neither of them came through the youth system under Gus , Barron was released by Thistle.

It's just as well Gilmour bagged him when he did , otherwise guys like McLean and McShane would have been released. They are both now on 3 year deals and will go far in the game !

One I'll watch with interest if it comes to fruition.

It all ended rather messily with us (doesn't it always?) but most of the six and a half years were good and a he almost made himself a Saints legend. 8)

I think we are still in the realms of rumour at the moment.

I can't see it happening, not yet anyway.

The club only announced a few days ago that they are still taking applications.

Pretty sure it is him.

Anyway, I will be happy enough if this is true. Got St Mirren promoted, and has something to prove having been out of the game for a year.

Its a start...

Edit - if Skyline doesn't post it's true....

:lol:

Sorry to disappoint but I was away on business all day yesterday and apart from five mins about lunchtime, nowhere near the internet.

I won't be commenting on potential managerial appointments though (except to laugh at the ludicrous notion that John Hartson was in the frame the other day).

Lies!;)

Hartson was strange, never even been part of a backroom staff anywhere,

Hartson got very close to getting the Wales job apparently and was in the papers touting himself for Motherwell before Stuart McCall got it. I'd be very surprised if he had any interest in the Queen of the South job though and if he was in Dumfries last week (which I doubt), he wasn't visiting Palmerston.

And I was in Glasgow all day yesterday. :P

Aye, witnessing Gus and Andy Millen signing deals!:D

Don't let things go to his head, look what happened the last time he got his hands on paperwork. :angry:

:lol:

Sorry to disappoint but I was away on business all day yesterday and apart from five mins about lunchtime, nowhere near the internet.

I won't be commenting on potential managerial appointments though (except to laugh at the ludicrous notion that John Hartson was in the frame the other day).

I Have heard from a good source that Gus McPherson :D will be the new Queens manager with Andy Millen :D as his no2.Will sign a 2YEAR contract hopefully on Friday but if not then Monday at the latest.Something you can't comment on that must be a first for you Skyline.:rolleyes:

I'm not too sure that this new management team will lift the depression still hoovering above Palmerston. Don't see a big infusion of local people streaming towards the ground to buy season tickets. We will just end up picking all the castoffs that no one else really wants, whether it will be enough to keep Queens away from the bottom spot awaits to be seen.

I'm not too sure that this new management team will lift the depression still hoovering above Palmerston. Don't see a big infusion of local people streaming towards the ground to buy season tickets. We will just end up picking all the castoffs that no one else really wants, whether it will be enough to keep Queens away from the bottom spot awaits to be seen.

You'd have to have bloody good eyesight to even see the ground ... ever <_<

You'd have to have bloody good eyesight to even see the ground ... ever <_<

Oh you'll see me at Palmerston more often this season, I've managed to get more Saturdays off in future. I'll be sticking to the rules though, I aint paying to see the same team twice.

Who would you like to see get the job? I would struggle to think of a better realistic candidate.