The Queen of the South thread

Who would you like to see get the job? I would struggle to think of a better realistic candidate.

To be honest with you I agree with you, I think they are the best option. It would be a risk taking on someone without experience at this level. I was sort of hoping the John Hartson rumour was true, an inspirational signing would have put bums on seats. Let's hope that Gus McPherson can raise the profile of the club and make the fans more enthusiastic to turn up every other week.

Including Queens?

No silly. :P

I intend to see the other nine teams this season and also Ayr away and the Scottish Cup games if it's no against another 1st Division side.

ACAadvertiser (Colin Paterson) says on Twitter that Gus has accepted the clubs offer.

As I've said, that's fine by me. :blink:

Just get the players and the friendlies sorted quickly. Looks like we'll be playing Abbey Vale, Fleet Star, Creetown and the like. :rolleyes:

As I've said, that's fine by me. :blink:

Just get the players and the friendlies sorted quickly. Looks like we'll be playing Abbey Vale, Fleet Star, Creetown and the like. :rolleyes:

Any crowd predictions for those Truthy? ;)

Is David Weatherston still at Queens or one of the numerous released?

He has been offered a contract on reduced terms. I guess he'll be weighing up his options, but I'd like to see him remain at Palmerston.

He has been offered a contract on reduced terms. I guess he'll be weighing up his options, but I'd like to see him remain at Palmerston.

Any news on whether hutts and mcguffie have been offered deals? im assuming harris is away havnt heard where to though, and i thought quinn was going to county? Anyway mcpherson would be a brilliant appointment, which could ensure we have a decent season of midtable medicority, or at least avoid the relegation spot!

Edited by QosLoyal

Any news on whether hutts and mcguffie have been offered deals? im assuming harris is away havnt heard where to though, and i thought quinn was going to county? Anyway mcpherson would be a brilliant appointment, which could ensure we have a decent season of midtable medicority, or at least avoid the relegation spot!

Aye you'd think so, but the Cowden fans said the same when Jimmy Nichol got the job at Central Park. ;)

I'm not sure about Hutton, but I think Harris will have a few offers. I'm pretty sure Guff has been offered a new deal, as has Quinn.

Aye you'd think so, but the Cowden fans said the same when Jimmy Nichol got the job at Central Park. ;)

You don't half talk pish.

I think this will be a good appointment. Will Scally be kept on as U19 coach?

Seen on Twitter at about 2am your time.

CraigReid_2 Craig Reid

Hey @OfficialQosFC could u please let me know when I have to return for pre season training, thanks ever so much

Edited by Swarley

Doing shit through twitter, is this what the club has come to?

Very happy to see Gus given the job, now lets sign some players.

Edited by a_mac

All the very best to Angus :D

Extremely under appreciated by the vast majority of our support.

No. He was under appreciated by a few guys on the internet.

He is a good manager, and in due course he will have Queens sorted out on the park. They will be horrible to watch sometimes and no doubt they will have four 0-0 draws with Accies this season as he continues his shitfest with Reid. :P

I liked Gus and I appreciated what he did for the club. It had run its course though.

No. He was under appreciated by a few guys on the internet.

Did you go to the games in 09/10? He'd get dogs abuse from 90% of the West Bank every single week!

It can be acceptable to an extent but some of it was ridiculous, no way to treat a man who had taken St Mirren so far.

Good, solid appointment if true. I assume that he feels there is enough budget available at the club to be competitive at this level as well. Interesting to see who he brings in, but things might be looking up at Palmerston.