The Queen of the South thread

Why don't you come back with a counter argument instead of the usual digs.

Are you happy he's going to miss the first 4 league games?

I will when you do ;)

Plenty of players will miss games through the season. How many did Weatherston miss through injury last season, for example. Suspensions and injuries are part and parcel of the game.

To coin a phrase - I'm as happy as Larry. :D

I was too, until I saw it was only for one year. :huh:

It looks like he is only taking this job until he finds something better. Mind you, times are hard, maybe he will get decent players looking for a 9 month full-time contract, but I think the better players will hold out for something better knowing he is no here long term.

How much will he go for?

Mate i wouldnt wanna say because id get crucified on here for saying. Lets just say that Oliver Twist could out bid it. I actually hope that Gus just bites the hit and keeps him because the fee is a pittance. I can only say that mate. Hope that says everything tho pal

I was too, until I saw it was only for one year. :huh:

It looks like he is only taking this job until he finds something better. Mind you, times are hard, maybe he will get decent players looking for a 9 month full-time contract, but I think the better players will hold out for something better knowing he is no here long term.

I have to admit I was hoping it would be longer too. Still, I suppose it can be reviewed in six moths or so.

I have to admit I was hoping it would be longer too. Still, I suppose it can be reviewed in six moths or so.

But he is also a man with something to prove, AND he has the contacts, AND that does excite me. :blink:

Mate i wouldnt wanna say because id get crucified on here for saying. Lets just say that Oliver Twist could out bid it. I actually hope that Gus just bites the hit and keeps him because the fee is a pittance. I can only say that mate. Hope that says everything tho pal

MADDOG you seem to be in the know

Whats the latest with Ryan McGuffie , Rocco Quinn and Magic Johnston ?

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Now on the OS that Stephen McKenna has resigned!

So thats us at maybe 5 players now. Still it looks better than it did a week ago.

I'm happy with the appointment of Gus McPherson. He has a proven track record at this level & at SPL level also. Just hope he is a fast mover in the trsnsfer market as there are still a lot of positions to be filled.

I'm not terribly worried that it's only a years deal. I would imagine there will be scope on either side to review as the season progresses.

MADDOG you seem to be in the know

Whats the latest with Ryan McGuffie , Rocco Quinn and Magic Johnston ?

Gus is good mates with AJ and signed him after he left Kilmarnock. I'd expect him to stay.

Is Andy Millen staying on as a player too?

I will when you do ;)

Plenty of players will miss games through the season. How many did Weatherston miss through injury last season, for example. Suspensions and injuries are part and parcel of the game.

If he picks up more bookings, which is highly likely, and is unlucky with injuries, he could be out for half the season.

I like him but I wasn't too bothered when he was linked to Morton. We could have waited to see if someone better came along rather than rush to sign him.

What happens when his ban is up, does he just swan in to the first team?

If he picks up more bookings, which is highly likely, and is unlucky with injuries, he could be out for half the season.

I like him but I wasn't too bothered when he was linked to Morton. We could have waited to see if someone better came along rather than rush to sign him.

Hopefully whoever takes his place will do a good job and he will have to wait for an opportunity to get it back in. However, if we go with a small squad, it will probably sooner rather than later to be honest. According to Saints fans, Gus will keep tight control of discipline, which can only be a good thing, as that has let us down over the past season and half.

Depends how he does in the cup games that he's not banned for, I suppose.

Ah well, at least he'll get first team football at Queens. Probably shat it when wee Fred re-signed for us.

:lol:

And so it begins ...

I did try telling everyone days ago. Got to be good for something. Craig Reid will be next to leave! Watch this space..............;)

Ach, just when I was feeling upbeat.

If we lose Reid, even for a better than risible fee which is unlikely; then he'll be hard to replace.

Assuming Harris moves too, we're starting from scratch for full backs and are certain to wind up with poorer ones than those.

McKenna re-signing gives us a potenital defender for occasional games between suspensions I suppose, but McPherson's going to have to go some to put in place the solid defensive unit for which he's renowned.

Maybe though, I've underestimated McKenna. Perhaps he's not just the ill-disciplined reckless sod he's appeared. It seems that he's a dishonourable sod too.

Gus McPherson took us from the bottom half of the first division to an established SPL club and 2 cup trips to Hampden within 4 years. Excellent appointment by Queens, the football won't be pretty but the team will be well drilled and disciplined.

If the board can back him and give him some money there's no reason he can't take Queens to the top flight.

I will be following your results next season, I like a lot of St Mirren fans still have a lot of time for Gus and were unhappy with the way he left us. Hope you have a great season.

Are you lot still training at Glasgow Green next season?

Our official site has announced we're using the facilities down there along with securing indoor facilities for when the weather is terrible and was just wondering if it's big enough down there for us to share or whether Queens are going elsewhere.