The Queen of the South thread

Hewitson is a good guy. I like him and i expect Davie Weatherston to re-sign soon. Hewitson should take control and restructure the lot. I have heard that Kilmarnock fancy Reidy so i wouldnt be surprised if he was in talks with them now. I think McGuffie will join the ranks of Falkirk. Watch that space. Grant Holt might not be a bad shout for Birmingham City!;) (Sorry non QOS)

Scally should have gotten the job like i said before as he is best man with the younger players and thats where our backbone will be imo. Scally should be working with Gus so that when Gus gets the sack by text message or letter then Scall can grab the reigns. Tough bar raised by Kenny Brannigan though as he really did awesome with what he had and i dont think that can be disputed! King Kenny! :ph34r:

Gus hasn't got the budget for Wetherston(yet). Mcguffie hopes to sign for Queens. Scally told he is surplus to requirements.

Edited by ConanTheLibrarian

The Mark Robertson rumour seems fairly well known so I assume it is true. He will offer some much needed business nous to a board who seem sadly lacking in that sense. As for the "restructuring" I have heard that will entail the other board members having more of a say rather than just Davie Rae. Surely that should've been the case from day one?

Confirmed on OS.

Mark has a business brain so that must be good.

Fond of a pint or 2 in Dickies and extremely fond of sunbeds.

Only negative is he talks to people like dirt according to ex cheese factory employees

My main concern here is what is going to bring to the table? If he is just on board to wear a blazer what's the point? That said, I'm sure he he must be offering something, so all the best to him.

One of his sons was in my year at school and the other was in my brothers. Serious Rangers men....

Yes, I read on QOSMad that he was apparently an Ibrox season ticket holder.

Now if he was connected to the playing side, this wouldn't matter - Dobbie was a Rangers fan for Christ's sake, but at least he was Glaswegian.

Obviously, this new director's expertise and clout matter more than any allegiance, but for me, the fact that his real love is one of the OF doesn't sit easily in the boardroom.

Again, the 'Queens to the Core' members haven't exactly performed flawlessly up to now, but this guy's fondness for such an institution as Rangers does nothing to endear him.

Edit to add that I've just read that this guy's actually Glaswegian too.

Still though...

Edited by Monkey Tennis

MadDog, any chance you are/were Esteban Casagolda's agent?! Would explain a few things...

oh.............................oh another new poster! :o

No, I'm not him. ;)

Hewitson is a good guy. I like him and i expect Davie Weatherston to re-sign soon. Hewitson should take control and restructure the lot. I have heard that Kilmarnock fancy Reidy so i wouldnt be surprised if he was in talks with them now. I think McGuffie will join the ranks of Falkirk. Watch that space. Grant Holt might not be a bad shout for Birmingham City!;) (Sorry non QOS)

Scally should have gotten the job like i said before as he is best man with the younger players and thats where our backbone will be imo. Scally should be working with Gus so that when Gus gets the sack by text message or letter then Scall can grab the reigns. Tough bar raised by Kenny Brannigan though as he really did awesome with what he had and i dont think that can be disputed! King Kenny! :ph34r:

Kenny Brannigan who that some guy who had a very good squad of players but always wanted more.Who did he sign last summer McGuffie and Johnston thats it.It was Chisholms team all the work was done for him he had the easy job of picking a team from a very good squad.Brannigan should have been out of a job after the cup final then Gus could have had a good look at the squad.The way Brannigan spoke to the press was a disgrace the only thing the board did wrong was not having the balls to sack him long ago.Scally will maybe get a managers job some day but it is to early yet he is still learning his trade hopefully will still be kept on as under 19 coach.You seem to know a lot about the players but what about Brannigan is he trying to make his mind up where to go next with all the offers he has .dry.gif what he has know offers what a surprise.:o

Kenny Brannigan who that some guy who had a very good squad of players but always wanted more.Who did he sign last summer McGuffie and Johnston thats it.It was Chisholms team all the work was done for him he had the easy job of picking a team from a very good squad.Brannigan should have been out of a job after the cup final then Gus could have had a good look at the squad.The way Brannigan spoke to the press was a disgrace the only thing the board did wrong was not having the balls to sack him long ago.Scally will maybe get a managers job some day but it is to early yet he is still learning his trade hopefully will still be kept on as under 19 coach.You seem to know a lot about the players but what about Brannigan is he trying to make his mind up where to go next with all the offers he has .dry.gif what he has know offers what a surprise.:o

Brannigan didnt have a good squad of players. He had a good first 11, overall as good as we've seen in some time (although missing any real "star" players like Tosh or Dobbie), theres no doubt about that. But there was little quality and depth after that.

Now if he was connected to the playing side, this wouldn't matter - Dobbie was a Rangers fan for Christ's sake, but at least he was Glaswegian.

Obviously, this new director's expertise and clout matter more than any allegiance, but for me, the fact that his real love is one of the OF doesn't sit easily in the boardroom.

Again, the 'Queens to the Core' members haven't exactly performed flawlessly up to now, but this guy's fondness for such an institution as Rangers does nothing to endear him.

Still though...

And that Russian bloke has always supported Chelsea.

And that Russian bloke has always supported Chelsea.

Well obviously he hasn't, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make; unless you're suggesting that our new guy's planning to spend a few hundred million on the team.

I'd already acknowledged that his expertise mattered more than any allegiance.

I'd just prefer it if he didn't identify strongly with one of the two sides that do more damage to the game, the country and the likes of Queens, than all the others put together.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Still though...

If he's nae money, he's nae use. :angry:

Well obviously he hasn't, but I don't understand what point you're trying to make; unless you're suggesting that our new guy's planning to spend a few hundred million on the team.

I'd already acknowledged that his expertise mattered more than any allegiance.

I'd just prefer it if he didn't identify strongly with one of the two sides who do more damage to the the game, the country and the likes of Queens, than all the others put together.

I think you understand that I meant it's irrelevant who he supports.If he's happy to stump up cash to join the board of the team in the town where he's spent half his life,where his wife comes from and where his children have grown up then being a Rangers supporter doesn't come into it.

I think you understand that I meant it's irrelevant who he supports.If he's happy to stump up cash to join the board of the team in the town where he's spent half his life,where his wife comes from and where his children have grown up then being a Rangers supporter doesn't come into it.

You're right of course.

It just puts me off a bit, which I can't change, despite the fact that it's also irrelevant.

One of his sons was in my year at school and the other was in my brothers. Serious Rangers men....

According to the OS, Robertson is now a fully fledged South man.

Well said Reynard

I am 99% certain the poster is our former manager making a c@nt of himself

He seems like a an intelligent chap. :lol:

How to win friends and influence people Kenny Brannigan style. And make yourself unemployable...