The Queen of the South thread

I assume it's an agent who is connected to KB and Scally.

The new director i do not care who he supports as long as he is willing to put his hard earned cash into Queens.New director new manager hope this is the start of some good news about Queens.

The new director i do not care who he supports as long as he is willing to put his hard earned cash into Queens.New director new manager hope this is the start of some good news about Queens.

I would be surprised if the new director has been brought in simply to put money into the club. It would be great if he was able to, but my guess would be that hes come in more to help with the running of the club

I would be surprised if the new director has been brought in simply to put money into the club. It would be great if he was able to, but my guess would be that hes come in more to help with the running of the club

Yes, I thought the plan was for us to become more sustainable, rather than to find some new bloke willing to plough money into a bottomless pit.

Didn't some club up in Tayside try that model? Not sure how that turned out for them.

Yes, I thought the plan was for us to become more sustainable, rather than to find some new bloke willing to plough money into a bottomless pit.

Didn't some club up in Tayside try that model? Not sure how that turned out for them.

I think Dundee tried throwing money around a few years back, but that was a while ago. Surely they wouldn't be so stupid as to do the same thing and end up in administration again :unsure:

I think Dundee tried throwing money around a few years back, but that was a while ago. Surely they wouldn't be so stupid as to do the same thing and end up in administration again :unsure:

You're right. That would be crazy. No club's that daft.

Let's face it, yer hame team is yer ain team. :D

You cannae change clubs, FFS I tried to change to Annan and only lasted about 3 hours. :(

This man is either bringing money and business acumen (hopefully both though) and if that is the case, good on him.

I am open minded and happy that there is a wind of change inside Palmerston at the moment.

A few words a warning to the BOD's and their band of merry helpers . Mess with big Mark at your pearl .

He's a big strong character who's worked his way up from the bottom to the very top and will an excellent acquisition to the board of directors

A few words a warning to the BOD's and their band of merry helpers . Mess with big Mark at your pearl .

He's a big strong character who's worked his way up from the bottom to the very top and will an excellent acquisition to the board of directors

Aye he is not one to be messed with.Vortex you hit the nail on the head, he calls a spade a spade.

Ordinary decent bloke, who has reaped the rewards of hard graft .

Kinda quiet around here these days without Skyline Drifter :huh:

Agree with statments above. Robertson brings a ruthless business mind to the board ( He closed a factory with loss of 121 jobs without blinking an eyelid )

Hewitson has pulled of a masterstroke getting him onside. I pity ANY passengers on the BOD now

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Jesus, a self made Rangers fan who graduated from the University of Life.

I'm starting to pine for inept farmers already.

Congratulations to your lad Gavin Reilly after being awarded EoS 1st Div player of the year. He was a pleasure to watch in the few games I saw him play.

Technically very good and a great finisher with either foot. I was looking forward to watching him play in the Premier League next season, shame that wont be the case.Good luck to him now he's signed full time to play for you.

Kinda quiet around here these days without Skyline Drifter :huh:

Agree with statments above. Robertson brings a ruthless business mind to the board ( He closed a factory with loss of 121 jobs without blinking an eyelid )

Hewitson has pulled of a masterstroke getting him onside. I pity ANY passengers on the BOD now

Sounds like a great guy.

Sounds like a great guy.

He does seem nice, doesn't he?

In fairness, if he made such a decision, I don't suppose we've any way of knowing how troubled or otherwise he was about it.

It just seems funny that suddenly this guy's 'tell it like it is' style is being hailed, in the wake of Brannigan's welcome departure.

More rigour of the type our new director seems famed for is perhaps needed, but everything about him we hear seems designed to make him sound monstrous.

I suppose judgement should properly be reserved though.

I suppose judgement should properly be reserved though.

Yeah, I would agree with that. It is probably a bit unfair to judge the guy before he has had a chance to do anything. I'm sure he must have something to offer the club otherwise he wouldn't have taken the role. I don't suppose he is there to pump money into the club, but if he can help it move forward then I'am all for that