The Queen of the South thread

Went from player of the year the season before to an erratic bombscare. Suffered an injury last pre-season which didn't help his cause, neither did playing in a back 3. Gives away too many silly fouls mostly for blatant shirt pulling. Bound to stroll through division 2 with a full pre-season behind him though.

Wrong thread but where are Ross County getting the money from?

County have a very wealthy boardroom and McGregor personally was well up in the UK rich list as I recall. Easily the wealthiest boardroom in the SFL I would think. If they choose to spend then they can do.

County have a very wealthy boardroom and McGregor personally was well up in the UK rich list as I recall. Easily the wealthiest boardroom in the SFL I would think. If they choose to spend then they can do.

Looks like they are trying to ensure they get a place in Spl2 at least but we know splashing the cash can be risky.

What ex Clyde and us?

Our ex-player currently plays for Alloa, so this must be a different one. I think he's a defender.

Edit: he is a left-sided defender.

Edited by MB

Full-time financial advisor based in Glasgow, eh? Any indication of Queens taking on part-time players this season, or would he be expected to go full time?

Full-time financial advisor based in Glasgow, eh? Any indication of Queens taking on part-time players this season, or would he be expected to go full time?

God knows! All the club have said is that its there intention to stay FT. We've only signed two players so far, but both were FT last season, so would expect them to so again this year

Correct - played 99 consecutive games for Rovers. IMHO good enough to play at a higher level.

The last player I remember us signing from Albion Rovers was Peter Dickson and that worked out very well.

Michael is an extremely good player in division 3. Physically strong, likes to get forward also. For me would have to improve his distribution a lot to play division 1. Can be prone to humping it long at times. Pace can also let him down. But he will always give 100%. A signing not to be sniffed at. Clubs will sign worse.

Hopefully McKenzie performs slightly better than he did in goal in last years game!

I really fear for us if he is our no. 1 next season. An absolutely honking 'keeper. He did nothing of positive note for me last term, he is about as agile as a boulder and the time it takes him to get down to the ball is shocking for a 1st Division 'keeper. I pray that Hutton signs!

Oh ffs :( hes absolutely pish. Cant think of 1 good thing he did for us last time round. Just hope Mole and Kean aren't targetted as well lol

This is my main fear since Gus has signed. Mind you, if his rumoured wage was as high as said, then thankfully we can't afford him :D

Have heard that Michael Mcgowan of Albion Rovers is signing for QOS - anyone confirm ?

I'd imagine this will be to replace Harris.

He only made one howler last year IMO, no where near as bad as your making out.

He made 2 or 3 howlers last year! Seems to have teflon gloves & goes down in instalments! I thought we'd signed a statue at first. An average keeper at best. whose days at this level are sadly past. Going with McKenzie as our number one does not bear thinking about.