The Queen of the South thread

According to Gus:

"We`ve sorted it all out today to train at Glasgow Green again. Everything`s in place and we`re itching to get started."

How's this possible? KB was goin to exercise all his power in banishing us from Glasgow Green's Milk and Honey.

I simply don't understand how we can still be allowed to train there.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Was his dad not his agent or something? He had an utterly delusional idea of his son's worth.

That game against St Mirren was a sore one. We'd been top and had the chance to go back there as we neared December. Our failure in that match sent us backwards.

Ah his dad. He tracked me down on MSN Messenger after I said his son was an idiot for not signing for Celtic. Among his many claims were that if the St Mirren management/board had listened to him, we could have had the likes of Calrton Cole and Leon Knight on loan from Chelsea :lol:

I enjoyed that midweek game - even though I was in Edinburgh and was relying on my brother (who was at home) texting me the updates :)

Nice article up on the OS

Confirms that we'll continue to train at Glasgow Green, that Gus is speaking to some of last years squad and that Reid is staying :)

My Father says when he was following Queens in the 1960's, Dumfries had a population of over 30,000. Gus says on the Official site that Dumfries has 35,000 inhabitants these days. Seems strange when there wasn't a Lochvale, Georgetown, Heathhall and now some of them are absolutely huge. Many new schemes built all over the housing estates of the toon. Maybe ten hooses to every person born since 1980?

I would imagine it has been divided into voting areas?

As an aside, if you want your two children to have the same amount of shares (and presuming son no. 1 has more than one share) then you could transfer half of his to his brother. Technically needs board approval but I doubt it would be refused. Club wouldn't make anything from it of course (and indeed would have to send out an extra set of documents each year for no extra benefit) but in the scheme of things it's fairly trivial.

thanks, that seems a good plan, I'll be happy to make a donation to cover any costs incurred

Partick are training at Glasgow green as well.There must be room for us both to train there.

Well obviously.

It's a very large facility. Airdrie were using it too when we first went there and I believe Hamilton will have some youth teams using it this season too.

thanks, that seems a good plan, I'll be happy to make a donation to cover any costs incurred

If you want to email me on the shares@qosfc.com address when you decide to do it I'll happily organise it for you.

I bought shares for both my sons when they were born. It would annoy me if they didn't both have the same number so I know where you are coming from.

If you want to email me on the shares@qosfc.com address when you decide to do it I'll happily organise it for you.

I bought shares for both my sons when they were born. It would annoy me if they didn't both have the same number so I know where you are coming from.

Allan Johnston has just signed a 1 year deal to be player coach good signing as long as the likes of Weatherston resigns as well.

On the subject of the worst keeper can I throw in John Burridge! Seem to recall us loosing 7-0 to Stirling at Palmerston in my very early days supporting the Queens and he was utter muck! If he wasn't between the sticks that day I've done him a huge injustice but pretty sure it was him. Jamie Campbell is also a prime candidate for the role!

On the subject of the worst keeper can I throw in John Burridge! Seem to recall us loosing 7-0 to Stirling at Palmerston in my very early days supporting the Queens and he was utter muck! If he wasn't between the sticks that day I've done him a huge injustice but pretty sure it was him. Jamie Campbell is also a prime candidate for the role!

Yes, but were they any worse than Willie Cunningham? Rikki Ferguson was also poor.

Queens have offered to take part-time winger, full-time lazy b*****d Mark Corcoran off our hands after Derek Adams wants to let someone go before we add to the squad.

He would have been at St.Mirren the same time as Gus?

Queens have offered to take part-time winger, full-time lazy b*****d Mark Corcoran off our hands after Derek Adams wants to let someone go before we add to the squad.

He looked an exciting player a few seasons ago. It's funny how it seems to desert some guys. Maybe Gus can get it back for him.

I suppose the obvious retort to that description would be "well we need a replacement for McLaren". Of course in between being a lazy b*****d (an opinion I don't actually share) McLaren was of course a goal scorer, creator and capable of winning games single handedly. Can any of that be said about Corcoran?

I suppose the obvious retort to that description would be "well we need a replacement for McLaren". Of course in between being a lazy b*****d (an opinion I don't actually share) McLaren was of course a goal scorer, creator and capable of winning games single handedly. Can any of that be said about Corcoran?

I think his main problem is fitness. He can still take on 2 or 3 players at a time and put in a decent cross. Then he'll have a half an hour break to track back and then do the same thing again.

Gus signed him for us in 2005 and he left three years later - don't think Gus was too impressed with how Corcoran left (signed a PCA with Hamilton without telling anyone at the club).

Corcoran's performance against Motherwell in the Scottish Cup in 2006 was possibly the best individual display I've ever seen from a Saints player.