The Queen of the South thread

When did he target Lithgow?

I very much doubt he did. FC1919 posted it as a rumour yesterday. You'd need to ask him where he heard it. But as the convicted sex offender has since signed for Dumbarton we can probably presume there was little or no truth in it. Which is a relief.

No idea if there's any truth in the Strachan suggestion either, though if it's been in media up north there's probably some foundation in it.

No idea if there's any truth in the Strachan suggestion either, though if it's been in media up north there's probably some foundation in it.

Hopefully it's a mis-quote and he's signing for Queens Park.

Apparently Queens were after the one from Albion Rovers who claimed he had fell out of love with the game or whatever.

The one from Alloa is Nizzy's lovechild. I always thought he was a good player at Clyde, no idea how he lost his way.

Didn't really lose his way, he was playing full-time in Ireland. Was training with us when he came back to Scotland around October/November and ended signing till the end of the season. Was clearly way too good for Division 2 and should be a good signing for Ayr.

Michael McGowan has signed for Ayr United so won't be appearing for pre-season with Queens.

There are also rumours going round that Scott McLaughlin will be heading your way.

Yeah he was training with us today,also strachan was aswell as ex hibbe mccann and chris higgins. few others too.

From his time at County I remember he could skip past a couple players with ease but he couldn't cross to save himself. If you play both Strachan and Corcoran on the left wing at the same time you'll have a superb combination there.

I would be pretty happy with Kevin McCann and Chris Higgins.

I assume Strachan was on the list? I would not be happy with that.

also tom brighton apparently, was he not the guy at stirling last season?

I would be pretty happy with Kevin McCann and Chris Higgins.

I assume Strachan was on the list? I would not be happy with that.

Why did you ask if you already knew :lol:

I would be happy enough with those two as well but i'm not exactly jumping up and down with excitement at the mention of there names. Same goes for Brighton too

Remember Kevin McCann being very highly thought of a few years ago at Hibs so would be happy enough with that signing, also on another thread I mentioned I thought Higgins would be targetted and imo this would be a wise move by Gus as he is just the type of player we require in this league. As for Brighton (god no) He was utterly garbage for both Dundee and Stirling last season and didn't score a single goal despite making a fair number of appearances. I remember commenting on how awful he looked when at Stirling so I just hope he doesn't replace Holmer as our "striker"

Darren Smith was training with Queens today so that's 3 ex-county reject wingers linked so far within a day. :lol:

Was out for half the season last year with a thumb injury and a couple months another injury. Promising youngster at Motherwell but at County in his rare chance of an appearance he just seemed to run about on the right wing. Easily better than Strachan though.

Edited by staggy4life

Remember Kevin McCann being very highly thought of a few years ago at Hibs so would be happy enough with that signing, also on another thread I mentioned I thought Higgins would be targetted and imo this would be a wise move by Gus as he is just the type of player we require in this league. As for Brighton (god no) He was utterly garbage for both Dundee and Stirling last season and didn't score a single goal despite making a fair number of appearances. I remember commenting on how awful he looked when at Stirling so I just hope he doesn't replace Holmer as our "striker"

Brighton did look pretty awful last season but to be fair he was playing in a pretty awful Stirling side. Did he not play for Gus at saints? I guess he'll know what he has to offer

Brighton did look pretty awful last season but to be fair he was playing in a pretty awful Stirling side. Did he not play for Gus at saints? I guess he'll know what he has to offer

No, but I think that is the only sort of player he can afford. As I've said before, Gus McPherson is our Jimmy Nicholl. :angry:

With the calibre of player that is being talked about on here, we will most certainly be on par with the Stirling team of last season. :(

"Play" is perhaps pushing it a bit. he was injured for most of the two years we had him. He looked pretty decent when he was fit for a few weeks in 2009 - then did his cruciate and was out for over a year, which may explain his poor displays with Dundee and Stirling last year as he hasn't done a pre-season for two years.

"Play" is perhaps pushing it a bit. he was injured for most of the two years we had him. He looked pretty decent when he was fit for a few weeks in 2009 - then did his cruciate and was out for over a year, which may explain his poor displays with Dundee and Stirling last year as he hasn't done a pre-season for two years.

Good point. There must be a reason he was so poor last season. I was genuinely surprised how bad he was against us

With the calibre of player that is being talked about on here, we will most certainly be on par with the Stirling team of last season. :(

That is just ridiculous, albeit some of those mentioned are not floating my boat. However, one man's meat is another's poison and you never know, in the right circumstances they may flourish. However, I can see nothing to suggest we will be relegation candidates.