The Queen of the South thread

You're talking about quite large amounts of money their SD, not necessarily in business terms but when you bare in mind it is individuals or groups of. What is to the credit of the various people as well is the fact that they were so happy to chuck money at the club out of blind loyalty, despite it being widely accepted that those in charge of the finances had made such a mess of them. Not the sort of venture people are normally keen to give money too.

I know it's not a particularly big deal, and the money raised probably barely covers one of the U19s wages for a week, but for me the thing that summed up the shambolic out-of-touch nature of the club last season was the ALBA scarfs. For the club to not have the savvy to knock together a commemorative scarf for the occasion is scandalous. Clubs the size of Queens are normally straight on the merchandise bandwagon when an opportunity arises, they certainly milked our Scottish cup run and subsequent UEFA cup game.

There was, and still is an impression that the fans groups are better run than the club itself! This may or not be the case but their efforts really shouldn't be belittled.

I certainly wasn't trying to belittle anything at all, just get some perspective in this "the fans are doing everything and keeping the club alive" mantra that appears to be getting accepted as gospel fact. I can't say I'm surprised to find that pointing out that isn't exactly accurate already has me voted to -3 (it will go lower).

What on earth makes you think incidentally that the club didn't have the savvy to produce an Alba scarf? As you say yourself they did so for every other cup occasion. The reason one wasn't looking likely to be done until the Trust stepped in was we couldn't afford to have one made, not because nobody thought of it.

I certainly wasn't trying to belittle anything at all, just get some perspective in this "the fans are doing everything and keeping the club alive" mantra that appears to be getting accepted as gospel fact. I can't say I'm surprised to find that pointing out that isn't exactly accurate already has me voted to -3 (it will go lower).

What on earth makes you think incidentally that the club didn't have the savvy to produce an Alba scarf? As you say yourself they did so for every other cup occasion. The reason one wasn't looking likely to be done until the Trust stepped in was we couldn't afford to have one made, not because nobody thought of it.

Here is a serious question for you. Do you ever pay to get into home games?

Smiths a good signing, would have taken him back. Campbell will be unstoppabale in the air, but looked very dodgy when attackers ran at him with pace. Also likes to punt the ball forward.

I agree with those comments. Smith is a decent enough forward and should be worth 10-15 goals a season if he gets the service.

Guest TOPFITTER

Maybe not keeping the Club afloat in financial terms, but compared to your statement above, in Public Relations terms they are miles ahead.

Perhaps you do not mean to belittle their efforts but it sure comes across as such, and your statement above further embarrasses those who are in charge of the Club in my opinion.

"We couldn't afford to have one made, the Trust stepped in," for me, says it all really.

Maybe not keeping the Club afloat in financial terms, but compared to your statement above, in Public Relations terms they are miles ahead.

Perhaps you do not mean to belittle their efforts but it sure comes across as such, and your statement above further embarrasses those who are in charge of the Club in my opinion.

"We couldn't afford to have one made, the Trust stepped in," for me, says it all really.

Topfitter..............100% spot on.

Edited by weeredbook

Absolutely disgraceful comments to make. :(

Edited to say I don't mean you Topfitter.

Edited by Truthhurts

" The club couldn't afford to get one made" why Not! was it because they hadn,t been paying their suppliers. It is good to see things improving on the Management and playing side but what still worries me is the overall control of the club. Some of the PR coming from the club is pathetic. £10 for an OAP is about 10% of their weekly income for goodness sake and £17 is still to dear for that level of football regardless of of VAT. The simple truth is the fans are the club and they do keep it alive .

Jesus Christ. There's some amount of shite been posted in the last page. If club couldn't afford to produce scarves I'm glad they didn't, it's a sign of good financial management. The prices are pretty much in line with the rest of the division, yes it's too much, but if we were cheaper than everyone else the board wouldn't be doing their job right because they have to take as much cash as possible.

In these 2 instances the BOD have done the right thing, and I don't see how anyone can argue otherwise.

And on the signings, I'm delighted with both of them :)

Goodness me, so upset over not a lot you had to use bold and extra sized letters!

To be clear, since even Flash seems to have picked me up wrong. I have not criticised the Trust, other fans groups, or anyone else in particular one bit. They are doing lots of great things for the club. What I said was that some people need to get some perspective about the extent to which the fans have bailed the club out. That is all.

You've scored a massive own goal here Skyline and upset a few fans who over the last few months have worked their butts off trying to raise cash for the ' Cause ' ....

You certainly know how to make enemies don't you ?

For an intelligent man , when will you learn to keep your big fat gub SHUT ?

Queen's are the dearest season ticket in the first division, great value I am sure you will agree.<_<

I think we are marginally cheaper than Dundee, but the most expensive is the Falkirk 'prime' season ticket. However, I think we could do more with season tickets. Perhaps, we could consider an early bird offer and at the very least start selling them nearer the end of the previous season.

Turning to to our summer signings. I'm fairly pleased how things are shaping up so far and alough we have yet to see the team in action, I'm really quite optimistic about the comming season. Obviously time will tell but I think we will be a decent side next season.

Although things off field are not perfect, it looks a lot better than it was four weeks ago. So come on, let's all look forward with a bit of optimism rather dwell too much on the past.

Nope can buy a Dundee one for £260, a main stand one at Falkirk for the same and £235 behind the goals.

Dundee's early bird offer of £260 ended on 19 June; it now costs £280. Falkirk's prime ticket costs a whopping £330. I'm being slightly pedantic, of course, because our adult season ticket is still relatively pricey.

Early bird or not, it was still £260 for a period, it suits my agenda.

Yes, but you did comment that we had the dearest season ticket in the division. It is £275 and £330 for Falkirk's main stand. Dundee's price is now £280. What we don't do is have an early bird offer and we charge the same price for different parts of the ground. Ross County's £182 and Morton's £210 for their terracing is good value. If we were to do something similar it would require proper stewarding, but it should cost more to sit at the side of the pitch than stand behind a goal.

I am fully aware that it's early bird prices, they were still available at those prices at one point. Queen's just come straight out with it.

I know and we could do something more inventive. However, Falkirk have the most expensive season ticket in the division. :P