The Queen of the South thread

What is strange about it?

Just the fact that no-one seems to have heard anything at all. Usually, there are a few rumours going about, especially on the MAD site, and a few people "in the know" telling everyone what, allegedly, happened.

So far theres been none of that.

Ive no doubt the Trust will put something out if, and when, appropriate and I wouldnt have expected that to happen by now

David Hutton was apparently training with us last week. Would he be a good back up keeper?

Yes, a steady reliable goalkeeper. The first we've had since Colin Scott that doesn't induce synchronised heart attacks everytime a ball comes near him! I'm disappointed we haven't hung on to him. Not the greatest at commanding his box but that's a common failing among goalkeepers these days. Does everything else well enough.

David Hutton was apparently training with us last week. Would he be a good back up keeper?

He is a good keeper , doubt he would go to another 1st division team to be a 'back up keeper' though.

Indeed, I can't think of any other real howlers. Also as big a mistake the one against County was, it didn't cost us the game IMO, it was an abject team performance from the first minute.

You guys are kidding aren't you ? Hutton is a "howler" waiting to happen every time he puts on a Queens jersey.

He doesn't have near the presence or authority of a Rab Douglas or an Alan Main.

He doesn't have near the presence or authority of a Rab Douglas or an Alan Main.

Jeez, Rab Douglas was a Scotland international and Main was a top SPL keeper in his day! Nobody is stating Hutton is anywhere near that level!

Edited by Dougie Mills

Jeez, Rab Douglas was a Scotland international and Main was a top SPL keeper in his day! Nobody is stating Hutton is anywhere near that level!

Accepted but I would rather have Bell and possibly Robinson in preference to Hutton. He just doesn't inspire confidence and inevitably that must have an effect on the outfield players.

I would certainly rather have Bell or indeed Jamie MacDonald than Hutton. Both much better keepers. I never understood the apparent poor reputation of Cammy Bell's spell here with fans.

I don't think there's an awful lot between Hutton and Robinson. Both have different attributes but are overall similarly reliable. Hutton was and is a decent keeper. I'd be pleased to have him back. The suggestion that he was a "howler" waiting to happen every time he played is just silly. However, he's not the best keeper to have played here in the first division and he's probably not as good as he thinks he is. He's still reasonably young but I'm not convinced he'll ever go much higher in the game than he already is. He's probably too good to be anyone's back up at first division level though, good as Cerny is. I'd be surprised if he joined Accies unless he believes Cerny is about to move on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Accepted but I would rather have Bell and possibly Robinson in preference to Hutton. He just doesn't inspire confidence and inevitably that must have an effect on the outfield players.

Odd that you believe Hutton to be a bombscare yet you would have Robinson back :huh:. I did like Robinson, but if I had to put keepers on a 'bombscare' list Robinson would be a lot higher than Hutts.