The Queen of the South thread

Exactly. I've said all along, if you take away Weatherston's pace he is a mediocre player at best.

O/T What's with the limit on your green ticks? I would have given you one there but apparently I had used enough today :lol:

Five I think.

You're being a little harsh. He has the happy knack of being in the right place at the right time quite often and isn't the worst finisher out there. Certainly his pace is by far his major attribute though and he isn't going to beat people with trickery the way McLaren might have and his shooting from outside the six yard box isn't deadly either. Weatherston is a decent striker at this level and not a bad winger. I'm not utterly convinced which is his better position but I would like to see him signed up. However, I don't think too many better sides will be chasing him either. His injury record would worry me a little too, especially given suggestions that Kevin Smith is also injury prone.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

3 and 1 red one

I can understand only being given one dot as I'm sure a few people would 'abuse' the use of them. I just find it bizarre that you have to restrain from being over positive. A few of the the QoS MAD regulars certainly won't like that :ph34r:

Five I think.

You're being a little harsh. He has the happy knack of being in the right place at the right time quite often and isn't the worst finisher out there. Certainly his pace is by far his major attribute though and he isn't going to beat people with trickery the way McLaren might have and his shooting from outside the six yard box isn't deadly either. Weatherston is a decent striker at this level and not a bad winger. I'm not utterly convinced which is his better position but I would like to see him signed up. However, I don't think too many better sides will be chasing him either. His injury record would worry me a little too, especially given suggestions that Kevin Smith is also injury prone.

I really don't think I am (surprisingly). I think that his speed gets him out of trouble a lot of the time eg. getting him in the right place at the right time - I think this is down him being quick rather than his ability to read the game. Personally, I would play him on the wing, if at all. He is at his best when he simply gets the ball and runs down the wing, no one can catch him and he has won us a fair share of free kicks/penalties as a result of this. I won't lose sleep if he does not re-sign though.

Exactly. I've said all along, if you take away Weatherston's pace he is a mediocre player at best.

Well yes, but who's planning to take away his pace?

I'd agree that without it, little would remain, but he's got it and it's quite a weapon. I'm not desperate that we keep him, but I'd like us to.

Playing as a striker, he can punish any defence that plays a high line and if this forces teams to defend deep, then that can present chances for others. Out wide, he can beat players, simply by pushing it past them and chasing it.

Now far too often, the finish or final ball is lacking, but again as we've observed often enough, if he could ally such qualities to his pace, he'd be well out of our league.

I still remember how he terrorised McQuilken in that opening 3-3 game a few years back on his league debut for St Johnstone. I'm a little disappointed he didn't turn it on more often for us, but dismissing him for only having one attribute is harsh. I can think of plenty of Queens players down the years who have had one less.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I can understand only being given one dot as I'm sure a few people would 'abuse' the use of them. I just find it bizarre that you have to restrain from being over positive. A few of the the QoS MAD regulars certainly won't like that :ph34r:

God help me if you got more than one stab at the red button. :huh:

I seem tae get hit by half the folk on here even when I write a half decent post. :(

it's a bandwagon thing, like he's better coming off the bench.

Well, he is generally blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes, so thats probably true

I never said he was a bad player, far from it. I would like to see him stay and think he could be a very effective player in the squad. My point was that he isnt "as good as any in the division"

Well, he is generally blowing out of his arse after 30 minutes, so thats probably true

I never said he was a bad player, far from it. I would like to see him stay and think he could be a very effective player in the squad. My point was that he isnt "as good as any in the division"

I don't recall him having fitness issues.

Doubt he'll want to stay if he's just a squad player, so I hope he drops down a league if that's the case.

The thought of him running at some immobile defender doesn't bear thinking about.

I don't recall him having fitness issues.

Doubt he'll want to stay if he's just a squad player, so I hope he drops down a league if that's the case.

The thought of him running at some immobile defender doesn't bear thinking about.

Really? He quite regularly looks like hes shattered during games.

Neither does anyone else it would seem.

No. Strange, isnt it?

Apparently, Brannigan is at Palmerston arguing about his company car and the players are having even less fun at training

Would like to congratulate gus on bringing boys to there knees and making them spew at queens park today #hillruns