The Queen of the South thread

Yes, but you did comment that we had the dearest season ticket in the division. It is £275 and £330 for Falkirk's main stand. Dundee's price is now £280. What we don't do is have an early bird offer and we charge the same price for different parts of the ground. Ross County's £182 and Morton's £210 for their terracing is good value. If we were to do something similar it would require proper stewarding, but it should cost more to sit at the side of the pitch than stand behind a goal.

We've proper stewards and proper police who can steward fans to the correct part of the ground and police the gates to avoid fans using the wrong ones.

They need to work for their money next season.

I would tend to agree that we don't do enough to encourage season ticket sales with sufficient discounts (except the kids of course). It's been better the last couple of years when the adult price is the equivalent of 16 games and the pensioner one 14.4 games but before that it wasn't even two games discount that was built into them. We've never traditionally been big on pushing season tickets. It is one of many things I think could be done better personally, a surprise certainly given my 100% brainwashed status.

As a matter of interest, to what extent do you think the fans have "carried the cost of mismanagement"?

Alright, I'll change the original comment to "given the extent to which the fans have been asked to carry the cost of mismanagement".

If their efforts really do amount to a drop in the ocean, than as Flash says, that's more a reflection of the size of the ocean that's been created, than anything else.

Factually, I've no great argument with what you're saying - your command of the facts will outstrip mine.

The tone is important though. Rae described the fundraising as "reasonable" at one point and your dismissive words (whether they're intended that way or not) can be similarly insulting. I take no personal offence as I've virtually done sod all to help, but that's to miss the point.

We know that the club tore itself apart a bit last season and that a greater degree of unity is needed. Comments which point to the relative insignificance of very hard work, carried out by entirely well meaning people, do not serve this purpose.

Alright, I'll change the original comment to "given the extent to which the fans have been asked to carry the cost of mismanagement".

If their efforts really do amount to a drop in the ocean, than as Flash says, that's more a reflection of the size of the ocean that's been created, than anything else.

Factually, I've no great argument with what you're saying - your command of the facts will outstrip mine.

The tone is important though. Rae described the fundraising as "reasonable" at one point and your dismissive words (whether they're intended that way or not) can be similarly insulting. I take no personal offence as I've virtually done sod all to help, but that's to miss the point.

We know that the club tore itself apart a bit last season and that a greater degree of unity is needed. Comments which point to the relative insignificance of very hard work, carried out by entirely well meaning people, do not serve this purpose.

Yes, I'll hold my hands up and admit retrospectively that the tone was maybe poor. It really wasn't meant the way everyone seems to have taken it but if the tone led it that way then that's my fault. Apologies.

I never said they were a drop in the ocean, what I took umbrage at is the continuing implication that nobody's doing anything if it isn't "the fans" or suggested by them. We are all "fans" at the end of the day and you are correct about the need for unity.

We've proper stewards and proper police who can steward fans to the correct part of the ground and police the gates to avoid fans using the wrong ones.

They need to work for their money next season.

We have stewards who usually do their best to cause confrontation & police who are more content to watch the game.

Happy with those two signings. If Smith can stay fit both are, arguably, better than what we had last season.

Be interesting to see how Campbell is going to fit in being PT. Presumably someone will ask Gus at the "Meet the management " night on Wednesday 6th July at palmerston - tickets still avaliable ;)

I too am happy with both of these signings. Mark Campbell has proved to be an imposing figure at the back. Maybe not fast but should be a perfect foil for Craig Reid who is pretty quick. Kevin Smith seem to be averaging a goal every 2.55 games. Not too bad a record & provided he can stay clear of injury he should be a good signing.

Typically the "meet the management" night is scheduled to take place while I am on holiday :huh: I'd like to hear what Mr McPherson has to say but sadly won't be able to attend.

Happy with those two signings. If Smith can stay fit both are, arguably, better than what we had last season.

Be interesting to see how Campbell is going to fit in being PT. Presumably someone will ask Gus at the "Meet the management " night on Wednesday 6th July at palmerston - tickets still avaliable ;)

Is that the "Meet the Management" that the Trust organised? :ph34r:

Yes it is.

Would that be the one that they stole the idea from last seasons ones organised by the club :whistle:lol:

Either way, the night will be posted out on the OS "Live updates" as well as twitter and facebook :)

Haha touché!

I'm nightshift or I would probably attend, as the ones last season appear to have been very successful.

Depends on what you mean by what we had last season.

If you mean Holmes then that's a no brainer. However a strike partnership of McMenamin and Weatherston I would argue could have as good as any in the division.

I think one thing we can all agree on is that things are looking up both on and off the pitch.

Lets try and move forward together with a bit of optimism!

Two great signings by Gus.

As for the ticket prices, not surprising really. £17 still sickens me every time I part with it. But this is a problem with football in general and not one I blame on Queens. At least when we part with our hard earned cash we can be more satisfied than before that it will be spent in the right way, not to mention the pleasing fact that youngsters can rightly get in very cheaply again.

Depends on what you mean by what we had last season.

If you mean Holmes then that's a no brainer. However a strike partnership of McMenamin and Weatherston I would argue could have as good as any in the division.

I guess thats why Weatherston has been snapped up as soon as his contract ran out then? Seriously, he's a decent squad player, but no more.

I guess thats why Weatherston has been snapped up as soon as his contract ran out then? Seriously, he's a decent squad player, but no more.

Exactly. I've said all along, if you take away Weatherston's pace he is a mediocre player at best.

O/T What's with the limit on your green ticks? I would have given you one there but apparently I had used enough today :lol: