The Queen of the South thread

Corcoran's performance against Motherwell in the Scottish Cup in 2006 was possibly the best individual display I've ever seen from a Saints player.

I've got vague recollections of him running riot, out wide in a game on a Saturday night Sportscene. I'd imagine it's that cup-tie I'm thinking of.

I take it from subsequent career developments that such performances were rare?

I've got vague recollections of him running riot, out wide in a game on a Saturday night Sportscene. I'd imagine it's that cup-tie I'm thinking of.

I take it from subsequent career developments that such performances were rare?

That would probably be it as we wouldn't have been on Sportscene otherwise. Even at Nevin was raving about him. Charlie Adam scored two in that game yet Corcoran was man of the match - their careers have taken rather different routes since then.

On his day he was very, very good - just didn't come around anywhere near often enough.

Most clubs have started pre season now. Morton reported back on Monday with us still short of two or three players but most of our targets seem to be doing pre season with us.

When will Queens have a big enough squad to start pre season? There's not much time left to get a new team together and see some semblance of gelling together. I don't think fitness will be a problem with MacPherson but getting a team to play as though they have not just met each other takes time!

Most clubs have started pre season now. Morton reported back on Monday with us still short of two or three players but most of our targets seem to be doing pre season with us.

When will Queens have a big enough squad to start pre season? There's not much time left to get a new team together and see some semblance of gelling together. I don't think fitness will be a problem with MacPherson but getting a team to play as though they have not just met each other takes time!

Pre-season starts tomorrow and Gus has already said there will be 24 players there. I would think its very likely that those 24 will then be whittled down until we get a final squad.

Guest Flash

Pre-season starts tomorrow and Gus has already said there will be 24 players there. I would think its very likely that those 24 will then be whittled down until we get a final squad.

If Brannigan is to be believed, the 24 will be whittled down to a final squad of 3.

He looked an exciting player a few seasons ago. It's funny how it seems to desert some guys. Maybe Gus can get it back for him.

He's a player who has often looked dangerous against us but has been utterly anonymous at County. I have to admit, knowing he was surplus to requirements at County and that MacPherson had signed him previously, I had wondered last week if he might make a move for him. I haven't heard anything from this end to suggest it though, it was pure speculation on my part. I've no idea if there's any truth in it.

Corcoran's performance against Motherwell in the Scottish Cup in 2006 was possibly the best individual display I've ever seen from a Saints player.

His performance in that game was outstanding. I remember it well.

Training starts tomorrow, 5 of last years first team signed up as well as a former player (though I don't think he played with any of the other 5). Also think a few of last years 19's are signed up.

Craig Reid was here when Simmons was. It was the back half of 2008 he played with us (after Adams did his cruciate for the second time). Reid was signed in January 08.

I believe Messrs Black, Degnan, McGowan, McShane, Smillie, O'Hear and Orsi are all agreed, though not actually signed yet. Orsi is injured of course so presumably won't be doing pre-season.

Harris says on twitter he is attending preseason with Queens as he has been offered facilities to stay fit.

Good to hear. I had heard an odd rumour that he was quite bitter about the back end of last season. Whilst I doubt there's any realistic likelihood of him playing for Queens again any time soon (he's better than that now) it's good that he's still involved at the moment. Anything else would have been a shame. Bob Harris has been a magnificent player for us over the years. That cross for JT at Hampden. That free kick in Denmark. :D

I am still unsure of the actual squad numbers from last season, 16 including or not including the 'keepers? Unsolved mystery...

There were a lot of unsolved mysteries last season. That wasn't one of them. As KB told me himself at one point. He never included keepers in squad numbers (Hell knows why? They count in the eleven!). Whenever he referred to having x many fit players he always meant x many plus the keepers.

Is that rhe sand dancer once of Partick? Unpleasing.

It's the pregnant girlfriend head-butting one of many, many clubs. You won't like him, and he won't last.

Edited by Savage Henry