The Queen of the South thread

Concerned about this bit in Wikipedia

Leyton Orient

Often referred to as the worst loanee ever to grace the Brisbane Road turf, making 13 appearances with a return of exactly 0 goals. He would often show up in games for a limited number of minutes, or failing that, disappear completely leading to questions from fans such as; 'Sam Parkin? Was he even playing?'

My Perth Saints supporting mate says "When he came he started well and was pretty direct with his play. Sadly got injured and was never the same. Now down the pecking order, probably just needs a fresh start to get his confidence back"

Just as a matter of interest how has young Danny Carmichael been doing this season. I saw him a couple of times at the end of last season and he really impressed me. He's been quiet the two or three times I've seen him this season.

Obviously wish him all the best, but you wouldn't think joining a club at the bottom of the league, and which creates very few chances, is the best way for a striker to get his confidence back.

I'm wondering if him signing means Smith will be out for a while? Or does it mean Brighton moves down the pecking order? Or if it means Reilly won't feature much now and will be right out of the squad once Smith comes back?

According to the national media, he’s the one that’s livened things up for you when he’s come on, over the last few weeks. Also to quote your manager “he’s done well and changed the game, which is good for a youngster”:)

It might be a good pairing of Parkin and Reilly.

According to the national media, he’s the one that’s livened things up for you when he’s come on, over the last few weeks. Also to quote your manager “he’s done well and changed the game, which is good for a youngster”:)

It might be a good pairing of Parkin and Reilly.

Thats not a bad shout actually. If nothing else, Reilly deserves a start

I was thinking that as well. Just a bit concerned that Parkin signing moves Reilly further away from a start rather than closer to one.

Incidentally, I notice from the OS that Parkin grew an inch taller overnight. If he keeps this up, he'll be 6 foot 6 by the time we play Morton and over 7 foot at Pittodrie.

Unfortunately, looks like he's shrunk again ;)

Wouldnt think Parkin will be as much of a knob. Hopefully, he'll regain form we and him deserve luck on that front

I've never really understood the vilification of Leon Knight. Clearly, he's a bit flawed given his career path, but I thought he did well for us. KB didn't like him and in characteristically unprofessional form, said as much in a public forum. In his few appearances he did alright though, turning in an excellent performance at home against Dundee in particular.

As for Parkin, I hope it goes well but it's hard to get too excited.

I mean, whoever heard of a team picking up a quality striker who St Johnstone were happy to let go?

I've never really understood the vilification of Leon Knight. Clearly, he's a bit flawed given his career path, but I thought he did well for us. KB didn't like him and in characteristically unprofessional form, said as much in a public forum. In his few appearances he did alright though, turning in an excellent performance at home against Dundee in particular.

As for Parkin, I hope it goes well but it's hard to get too excited.

I mean, whoever heard of a team picking up a quality striker who St Johnstone were happy to let go?

Knight has a list of clubs the length of your arm, and a history of being an arse. The fact he did look promising but quickly fell out of the picture probably tells you all you need to know about what went on behind the scenes.

Still, Brannigan-bashing has always been fair game so carry on. <_<

Someone on the mad site saying Smith and McCusker are out for the rest of the season.

Anyone know if its true?

Pretty sure on the McCusker one. No surprise there - his injury record with Clyde makes you wonder why we signed him.

The deafening silence on Smith suggests he's not coming back anytime soon.

Parkin appears not to have a great fitness record either.

Someone on the mad site saying Smith and McCusker are out for the rest of the season.

Anyone know if its true?

Gus has said in interview that McCusker is out for the season, and Smith may have a hernia problem.

How do you all think tomorrows game will go ? I am afraid that unless we get a central midfielder in before the game , then I reckon that it will be an uphill struggle . They are strong in the middle of the park with pace up front and have began to show form again in the last month .The good thing is that sometimes Queens really surprise when you think they are up against it . This is what I am hanging onto anyway.

How do you all think tomorrows game will go ? I am afraid that unless we get a central midfielder in before the game , then I reckon that it will be an uphill struggle . They are strong in the middle of the park with pace up front and have began to show form again in the last month .The good thing is that sometimes Queens really surprise when you think they are up against it . This is what I am hanging onto anyway.

We need to get at them right from the start and put them on their back foot. Just like we did in the first game.They appear to be struggling at the back for players.

If we let them take control, it will be a hard struggle, especially with no McKenna to boss the midfield.

This is easily a game we can win and I think we will. Parkin and Reilly to score :D

Edited by Hawk

This is exactly my thoughts Hawk. A very fast start will be required to hide our deficiences in midfield . Let them get a foot on the ball and they will become more apparent. This kind of approach will be exhausting , especially on a heavy pitch, but its our best chance . A repeat of last time would do where we destroyed them completely in the first half . Will this be possible without Reid , Robocop and Smith though ?

This is exactly my thoughts Hawk. A very fast start will be required to hide our deficiences in midfield . Let them get a foot on the ball and they will become more apparent. This kind of approach will be exhausting , especially on a heavy pitch, but its our best chance . A repeat of last time would do where we destroyed them completely in the first half . Will this be possible without Reid , Robocop and Smith though ?

Hard to say if it's possible. The players absent are a big miss though conversely their absence might actually increase the chances of us completing the game with 11men :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer