The Queen of the South thread

Somehow we need to get another striker in on loan or see what players Rangers release.

Clark and Carmichael are both wide players we need a striker who can play off Parkin

We will find it hard to stay in the 1st Div. with what we have just now.

If we play like we did on Tuesday against other Division 1 teams, we will stay up. That is IF we play like we did against Aberdeen.

Somehow we need to get another striker in on loan or see what players Rangers release.

Clark and Carmichael are both wide players we need a striker who can play off Parkin

Are you mad? With what funds? Im surprised we managed to get Parkin and Potter on board until the end of the season.

Are you mad? With what funds? Im surprised we managed to get Parkin and Potter on board until the end of the season.

We are talking one player here for what 3 months say it will cost £5000 what would be better going down or spending £5000 to stay up.

McKenzie and Campbell have left that is why we got the two new signing

We almost got Willie Gibson back so there must be some money there

Lets be realistic Northfield, I doubt we could afford any Rangers' player's wages, and if we could it would be one at the bottom of the food chain. I think the Administrator will likely be getting rid of the players on the highest wages first? :P

We need a left back and a left sided midfielder before forwards anyway.

Potter, Holt, A.Reid and Higgins can all play left back so we definetely don't need a left back. Holt is a left sided midfielder.

Our striking options at the moment are Parkin, Clark, Reilly, Brighton and Smillie. Haven't seen a lot of Smillie but he has got a bit of pace about of him. Brighton can operate at left midfield but he just isn't very good in my opinion. Clark and Johnston can play left mid aswell but Johnston has been good in central midield recently so i'd keep him there.

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Potter, Holt, A.Reid and Higgins can all play left back so we definetely don't need a left back. Holt is a left sided midfielder.

Our striking options at the moment are Parkin, Clark, Reilly, Brighton and Smillie. Haven't seen a lot of Smillie but he has got a bit of pace about of him. Brighton can operate at left midfield but he just isn't very good in my opinion. Clark and Johnston can play left mid aswell but Johnston has been good in central midield recently so i'd keep him there.

:huh:While I'm far from an expert I am reasonably confident when I say he has never played left back in his life, it's similar as to saying that Carmichael could play in goals.

I could be wrong but I thought he had occasionally played left back in his St Mirren days? :unsure:

Why would he get played at left back? for starters he's right footed, he's not even terribly good with that foot so I'd hate to see him try use his left foot. It's not like he's got pace, dribbling or crossing abillities to help him contribute to being a left back. I may also be wrong but I find it incredibly doutful, when he joined Dunfermline no St Mirren fan mentioned him as a right back, let alone a left back, was always a centre back/sweeper.

Out of interest how has he done for Queens? I felt that while he was a bit shite he wasn't nearly as bad as some Dunfermline fans made out, I preferred him to Keddie in any case.

Correct SD he has played at left back many times in his career.

He's not, at all.

Good question.

On balance, I think it is better if Ayr and Raith lose their games in hand. Although Thistle and Accies losing would mean they were a bit closer to us, they would still be ahead. I think it is better for the teams behind you to lose, even if that means fewer teams are involved in the relegation scrap.

Had these games been played at the same time as our original ones, we'd have left our games hoping Ayr and Raith had lost, I think.

I commented on this earlier in the week, in the Dundee match thread I think. As I said there it's a pair of games which, depending on how you want to view our own prospects, has no bad results or no good results.

Defeats for Ayr and Raith would keep them below us but effectively take Thistle and Accies out of range for a while anyway.

Draws would just about keep the two above in range but keep us above the two below, albeit by even smaller margins, goal difference in Raith's case.

Wins for the bottom two would leave us bottom but with four clubs in fairly immediate range.

I think given our next two games I'd most likely like to keep the two below us but I'm not averse to draws which do after all mean the clubs get two points between them, not three. If I thought we might win one of the next two games (which I'll concede is unlikely) then I wouldn't mind Ayr or Raith winning either. It would make things a lot more interesting down the bottom.

I commented on this earlier in the week, in the Dundee match thread I think. As I said there it's a pair of games which, depending on how you want to view our own prospects, has no bad results or no good results.

Defeats for Ayr and Raith would keep them below us but effectively take Thistle and Accies out of range for a while anyway.

Draws would just about keep the two above in range but keep us above the two below, albeit by even smaller margins, goal difference in Raith's case.

Wins for the bottom two would leave us bottom but with four clubs in fairly immediate range.

I think given our next two games I'd most likely like to keep the two below us but I'm not averse to draws which do after all mean the clubs get two points between them, not three. If I thought we might win one of the next two games (which I'll concede is unlikely) then I wouldn't mind Ayr or Raith winning either. It would make things a lot more interesting down the bottom.

Anything or than a win for the bottom two then, if we can get away from our next two home games in the position were in i'll be delighted. Fingers crossed it goes our way.

I'd happily take two draws or defeats for the bottom two.

You're right though that even victories for the bottom two could be interpreted as encouraging in that they'd rope the pair above us in a bit.

The difficulty we're having in recording wins however, means that staying around the bottom two feels like a better bet than overhauling anyone a few points clear of us.

Either way, it's fascinating and I reserve the right to interpret whatever happens in the gloomiest way possible.

Flash -- have you still got me on ignore ? Come on man, no hard feelings eh ? --------the question about the best outcome for us is a good one , one that the answer could change from week to week. If say ,Hamilton continue to play poorly , then yes , the more in the relegation battle the better and draws the order of the day. On the other hand , if Accies and Partick start to make a bigger gap between us , Raith and Ayr , then we will be solely fixed on hoping the latter two get beat in all their fixtures . The one constant however is that we have to start winning matches and the sooner the better