The Queen of the South thread

Good night without playing, now let's help ourselves ok and not reley on others.

It wasn't really a good nicht, Queens cannae play for 90 minutes and it is for that reason they will gan doon.

Listening to Stigs Radio piece with Gus, says he's still talking to clubs about players...another player would be a bonus

I had thought Queens had been losing money this season and were pretty skint. I presume that was just the press getting things wrong pr I guess the cup games against Aberdeen has given you a big cash boost.

I had thought Queens had been losing money this season and were pretty skint. I presume that was just the press getting things wrong pr I guess the cup games against Aberdeen has given you a big cash boost.

I'm not sure we are losing money, although we are pretty skint. Our squad has been assembled on a shoestring budget (about half of that of last season) and naturally the quality has dropped as a result. Whilst there would have been a cash boost due to the Aberdeen games, it won't be massive by any stretch of the imagination.

Total Teamware site is the worst ever!

Let you order something & then tell you its out of stock :angry:

Did they ever reply to you about delivering to Oz? I never received as much as an acknowledgment. Feck them, email John at the Club Shop.

Did they ever reply to you about delivering to Oz? I never received as much as an acknowledgment. Feck them, email John at the Club Shop.

Yeah, they told me £60.

I have a mate returning from England next week, I was getting it delivered to him & he was planning on bringing it back with him. They said they are out of stock, and won't be selling the away top anymore.

I have spoken to John previously, will have to email him again.

Literally tripped over an old Queens prog in the loft the other day .Picked it up and started reading . It was the Palmerston Scottish Cup game from 1985 against Dundee Utd . The United squad was something else McAlpine , Narey , Milne , Sturrock , Bannon , Dodds , Kirkwood and others .This must be one of the finest - if not the best - opposition side I have seen at Palmerston. I remember Pat McCluskey had a great game for us as we went down 3-0. Anyone else have reminisces of this game ?

Literally tripped over an old Queens prog in the loft the other day .Picked it up and started reading . It was the Palmerston Scottish Cup game from 1985 against Dundee Utd . The United squad was something else McAlpine , Narey , Milne , Sturrock , Bannon , Dodds , Kirkwood and others .This must be one of the finest - if not the best - opposition side I have seen at Palmerston. I remember Pat McCluskey had a great game for us as we went down 3-0. Anyone else have reminisces of this game ?

Apart from us getting thrashed by a really strong United side that sent something ridiculous like six or eight players to the following year's World Cup, my overriding memory concerns the really strong renditions of "Davie Dodds, Elephant Man" coming from the terracing.

I recall being at the game. I was stood roughly where the police box is now on the side terrace between the Main Stand and Portland Road End. I'm sure my grandad took me, pretty sure my dad wasn't there.

Don't recall much about the actual game though other than that we lost heavily. I couldn't even have told you the score if you hadn't just done so.

I wasn't going regularly then, didn't start doing so until the beginning of the following season. It was probably only my 4th or 5th visit to Palmerston. The earliest I can actually remember was the Scottish Cup tie against Partick Thistle in 1980.

Apart from us getting thrashed by a really strong United side that sent something ridiculous like six or eight players to the following year's World Cup, my overriding memory concerns the really strong renditions of "Davie Dodds, Elephant Man" coming from the terracing.

Oh yeah, and that. :lol:

I remember being at that game, but that's about as far as it goes. I'm younger than you. ;)

I have a better recollection of the 1-0 defeat we suffered at United's hands in the League Cup. I think it took place early in season 1986-7. We played well that night, 'scored' an offside goal and were unlucky to lose. I remember a photograph in The Standard which seemed to indicate that our 'goal' (was it by Jimmy Robertson or Tommy Bryce?) was onside.

And, we sang 'Davie Dodds, Elephant Man' that night as well!

I have a better recollection of the 1-0 defeat we suffered at United's hands in the League Cup. I think it took place early in season 1986-7. We played well that night, 'scored' an offside goal and were unlucky to lose. I remember a photograph in The Standard which seemed to indicate that our 'goal' (was it by Jimmy Robertson or Tommy Bryce?) was onside.

And, we sang 'Davie Dodds, Elephant Man' that night as well!

That was a great Queens performance on the last day of the school summer holidays.

George Cloy also missed a last minute penalty. Kevin Gallacher scored for them and our goal was disallowed for no discernible reason, other than that Narey asked the ref to disallow it.

We'd just come up and United were embarking on a season that would see them win in the Nou camp and reach the UEFA Cup Final. Hard to believe now.

That was a great Queens performance on the last day of the school summer holidays.

George Cloy also missed a last minute penalty. Kevin Gallacher scored for them and our goal was disallowed for no discernible reason, other than that Narey asked the ref to disallow it.

We'd just come up and United were embarking on a season that would see them win in the Nou camp and reach the UEFA Cup Final. Hard to believe now.

I remember Giro's miss now you have mentioned it. I was devastated that night, absolutely gutted.

Yip, remember a very strong rendition of " Davie Dodds , Elephant man " of which I was right in the middle of . There was no segregation either , which meant United fans on one side of the Portland terrace , a no mans land with thin line of plod and Queens fans on the other . I am sure United got to the final where Celtic beat them with two late ones. Must take this chance to mention my very first away game and most memorable Queens game of all time . This game was the previous round of the cup of the same season. An incredible 6-4 win for Qos at Stair Park . We were 4-1 up at one point , then 4-3 , 5-3 , 5-4 and finally 6-4 . On a snow covered park , George Cloy scored from around the half way line and for any statto buffs , three of Stranraer's goals were scored by men who went on the play for Queens ( McBride , Bryce and McGuire) .-------ps Skyline - Did you ever find out any more of the Stevie Moore ' no goal' against Thistle . I am telling you it was Oct 87 man as I was standing right behind the goal on the covered terrace