The Queen of the South thread

I am sorry, but the fact that you are bored is ridiculous. We are seeing the best football ever at palmerston in my time. The levels of skill demonstrated by all the players is exceptional for Queens and especially for the level of the Scottish second division.

I must admit that i only have managed 50% of the games, mainly those away fom home, and I understand the fear of not winning. But we are and we are winning in style.

Some of the touches, Nicky Clark yesterday to take it past two defenders and make the goallie pull off a good save. Stranraer game, Burns flick on down the wing, Nicky Clarks goal there, were brilliant. This kind of football we are getting to see, delivered by Magic, is the reason I go to see my team, usually in the hope that once in two or three games I get to see the whiff of something like it. This year we are being treated to great examples of good football numerous times in each game.

Stop moaning and enjoy our greatest ever season.

1. Chris Higgins

2. Chris Mitchell

3. Derek Young

No McKenna Cammy? think he's been unreal this season, cut out the silly bookings and using the ball a lot better than past, proving he's not just a dog in midfield. Higgins would have got it but think he's got caught out a few times, especially yesterday, still one of my favourite players mind due. Mitchell definetly deserves his mention though, the amount of goals he's set up is unreal.

You could make a strong argument for virtually every one of our players. Those are my picks though.

On the subject of potential records being broken, are we in contention for breaking one for clean-sheets? Either league or club record?

1. Chris Higgins

2. Chris Mitchell

3. Derek Young

What about Durnan think he's been outstanding for one so young? To think I wondered why we signed him at the beginning of the season.

Young & Mitchell for me but if could be the first team of the year award. quality signings by the management as have all the signings so far, if we get half as good a return from Paton we will be on a winner there too.

Strange how you're leaving out Nicky Clark who has almost scored 30 this year, has came on leaps and bounds and is now able to beat players. Shows how good the rest of the team has been though. Hard to pick one though, I'd say Mitchell

For me the player of the season is McKenna. Magic has transformed him from a dog to a quality midfielder, not only does he break up play but his range of passing has been excellent.

Hello Doonhamers.

Myself and three fellow Sunderland fans are looking at making one of our occasional raids into enemy territory for your home game v East Fife on Saturday 27th April. Sunderland are away to Aston Villa that day which is not one of our favourite away days. Plan will be to book into the travel lodge and head up there by car early morning and spend the whole day in Dumfries and take in the game.

I have a few questions. I don't suppose there is any chance of the game getting moved from that date ,TV or cup ties etc? plus we like a pint of real ale or ten and I noticed online that there is (Or was) a Dumfries real ale trail with about 12 pubs. Any advice on where to drink before and after the game would be welcome, plus what's the town like for a Saturday night out? We are not fussy, I used to drink on Gateshead high street, so my standards are not high!!, just wondered if there will be anywhere with a bit of atmosphere where 4 forty something real ale drinking footy fans would fit in, or maybe somewhere with live music?

Cheers in advance and all the best for the rest of the season, not that it looks like you need any luck mind judging by the league table.

The ground looks class by the way, love proper old fashioned grounds with proper floodlights. Will make a nice change from the soulless identikit all seater stadiums we are served up with in the hugely over hyped premier league.

Edited by Roker Rover

There's quite a lot of Real Ale pubs in the town Roker starting from the Travelodge side of town a selection are The Waverley, Tam o' shanter, Robert the Bruce/Wetherspoons, The Cavens arms, The New Bazaar and The Ship. Edit to add: Pre and post match The New Bazaar will be the best of those.

Edited by Senior_Coconut

There's quite a lot of Real Ale pubs in the town Roker starting from the Travelodge side of town a selection are The Waverley, Tam o' shanter, Robert the Bruce/Wetherspoons, The Cavens arms, The New Bazaar and The Ship. Edit to add: Pre and post match The New Bazaar will be the best of those.

Cheers mate, sounds good. Spoons is always a good start, we will be there early so will probably head there for breakfast and take it from there.

Any further info from the good people of Dumfries will be gratefully accepted.