The Queen of the South thread

Any chance of a quick round up of who we have signed up for next year SD?

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Jim Atkinson (18)

Defenders

Mark Durnan (20)

Kevin Holt (20)

Chris Mitchell (25)

Midfielders

Paul Burns (29)

Daniel Carmichael (23)

Allan Johnston (39)

Stephen McKenna (27)

Daniel Orsi (21)

Michael Paton (24)

Pat Slattery (20)

Forwards

Gavin Reilly (20)

Iain Russell (30)

Ages at 1st August 2013

I think that's accurate at the moment in terms of who has committed to next season in the senior squad. I've listed Paton as a midfielder since he played pretty much all his football for us on the left wing (he played one game up front I think). He might be considered a forward though.

Guest Flash

Things are shaping up nicely. That gives us:

x

Mitchell Durnan x Holt

Carmichael Mckenna Burns Paton

Russell Reilly

Orsi Slattery and Atkinson are signed as well, but I don't expect any will be starters this year.

X can't be a goalkeeper and a central defender. We need Y in there somewhere.

Things are shaping up nicely. That gives us:

x

Mitchell Durnan y Holt

Carmichael Mckenna Burns Paton

Russell Reilly

Orsi Slattery and Atkinson are signed as well, but I don't expect any will be starters this year.

X can't be a goalkeeper and a central defender. We need Y in there somewhere.

Better? :P

Any chance of a quick round up of who we have signed up for next year SD?

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Jim Atkinson (18)

Defenders

Mark Durnan (20)

Kevin Holt (20)

Chris Mitchell (25)

Midfielders

Paul Burns (29)

Daniel Carmichael (23)

Allan Johnston (39)

Stephen McKenna (27)

Daniel Orsi (21)

Michael Paton (24)

Pat Slattery (20)

Forwards

Gavin Reilly (20)

Iain Russell (30)

Ages at 1st August 2013

I think that's accurate at the moment in terms of who has committed to next season in the senior squad. I've listed Paton as a midfielder since he played pretty much all his football for us on the left wing (he played one game up front I think). He might be considered a forward though.

Cheers for that.

Higgins is entitled to look for the best deal possible of course . If he was to move on , then Steven Black is very willing and able ( in my opinion) to step in.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Black hasn't signed on yet either. I'm not sure I'd be confident with a pairing of Black and Durnan at the back, both are young and inexperienced. I'd rather have someone older alongside Durnan (preferably Higgins, obviously).

Guest Flash

Better? :P

:lol:

Agree with you and SD that Paton is a midfielder. Looked a bit lost when he played up front, but maybe just had a bad game.

Catch 22 isn't it ? You are young and inexperienced so thats why the more established is favoured . You need competitive games to get that experience though. All I can say is that Black has looked very assured when called upon . Got good game time at Annan as well.

More good news, I like Paton a lot from what I have seen. He is really direct, as soon as he gets the ball all that is on his mind is to charge down the line and get a cross in, or cut inside and have a shot. Compliments Carmichael well on the other wing who has a tendency sometimes to dilly-dally doing step-overs instead of producing an end product.

Catch 22 isn't it ? You are young and inexperienced so thats why the more established is favoured . You need competitive games to get that experience though. All I can say is that Black has looked very assured when called upon . Got good game time at Annan as well.

Well, no. I think playing young players is a good thing, but I also think an old head at the back is vital. And Durnan is better than Black, so he wins out every time.