The Queen of the South thread

Peter was always a thorn in our side since he left after from his penalty in Ramsdens cup, like Andy Barrowman after his guff spell and Iain Harty who didn't play for Queens but seemed to be always linked with us seemed to always score against us without fail.

Peter was a major success in Connolly's era. Always felt he was a bit short of pace to play at a higher level than the First but had plenty of ability. Showed some real ' rough stuff ' when he played us for Morton and also scored a goal or ten .

It would appear league reconstruction is getting the thumbs up, from the SPL sides.

Playoff spot to the SPL

Pyramid system

Distribution of money

12-10-10-10 set up

Better than nothing I suppose.

It would seem that's as much as we're all going to get from the Self Preservation League.

I'll believe the reconstruction when it is actually happening and not before. At least the middle 8 thing has disappeared for the moment.

It would appear league reconstruction is getting the thumbs up, from the SPL sides.

Playoff spot to the SPL

Pyramid system

Distribution of money

12-10-10-10 set up

Merged league bodies as well!

I didn't think anything as good as the proposals suggested would come about for next season.

I think the 2nd&3rd divisions

(3rd&4th tiers) should be regionalised though. I think that would help the clubs and MIGHT improve attendances at that level.

The only realistic alternatives to the farce that the current Spl set up is either, 10 teams with no split or 14 with a split after two rounds of fixtures.

With the introduction of a play off for second spot the first division would be a really decent league!

You can do what you like. :P Officially, we're stuck here until GTF Day. No-one knows when that is though!

:huh: it's 27th May, doesn't your boss tell you anything?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Are you trying to whoosh me? :P

No not deliberately. I saw the GTF thread but failed to see the "2012" part. :rolleyes: I blame the android app!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Certainly looks like we won't be playing Dunfermilne next season. What an opening forty five from Forfar and 3-0 half time.

At three down it will be tough for them but I don't think I will write them off just yet. If they can pull a goal or two back in the second half it will make it interesting at EEP. The odds on them winning the tie should be good for a couple of quid now.