The Queen of the South thread

There are similarities between Willie McLaren and a player that a lot of older ones will remember in Henry Templeton. Both skilful and non workers alike although Henry had far more talent than Willie .

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Sevco Templeton's father I do believe?

Guest TOPFITTER

Steven Black has now found his level in the 3rd Div.

He is not good enough for the 1st Div yet but maybe with a seasion or two in the 3rd Div

he could then make the move up.

This could be a good move for everyone Black gets games at Annan we get someone who is ready for the 1st team now

I assume this is your opinion only and not a definitive judgement of all who have witnessed him playing ?

I assume this is your opinion only and not a definitive judgement of all who have witnessed him playing ?

I think Black would be an able replacement at div 1 level but not a first team regular. Much rather we had kept him and sent him somewhere on a season long loan. Hopefully he doesn't resent the club for the future.

Great to see a home friendly this season and it looks like it will be the first match to be played on the new artificial pitch.

Friendly arranged against Hearts at Palmerston on Sat 20th July.

Two home friendlies to look forward too and its Hearts that will be the first match on the new artificial pitch.

Makes sense for us to have a few home friendlies so the players can try out the new pitch.

Also a useful game for Hearts since they'll be playing Div1 teams on a weekly basis come season 2014/2015 :ph34r:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Friendly arranged against Hearts at Palmerston on Sat 20th July.

If we beat them, how long before a post it put up on the MAD site claiming we will be good for the title because we have beaten an SPL team?! Average age of Hearts likely to be about 18? :ph34r:

Wouldn't of minded seeing this one tbh, I'll be in Fidel Castro country then though :)

Found this on the SFL site.

Thursday 4th July 2013

Queen’s Park’s pre-season squad will be joined by Craig Buchanan from Giffnock Amateurs tonight as the defender looks to clinch a move to the Third Division side.

The Spiders already have Amateur internationalist Buchanan’s team-mate Joao Pereira Victoria on trial and the duo could feature in a closed doors game with Queen of the South this Saturday.

Hampden Head Coach Gardner Speirs said: “Both players have been recommended to us and we had a look at Joao in a Reserve game last season. Craig has been on holiday but he will join us on Thursday and we will take things from there.”

First pre season game this weekend, where's it being played?

Edited by Hawk

Found this on the SFL site.

Thursday 4th July 2013

Queen’s Park’s pre-season squad will be joined by Craig Buchanan from Giffnock Amateurs tonight as the defender looks to clinch a move to the Third Division side.

The Spiders already have Amateur internationalist Buchanan’s team-mate Joao Pereira Victoria on trial and the duo could feature in a closed doors game with Queen of the South this Saturday.

Hampden Head Coach Gardner Speirs said: “Both players have been recommended to us and we had a look at Joao in a Reserve game last season. Craig has been on holiday but he will join us on Thursday and we will take things from there.”

First pre season game this weekend, where's it being played?

Probably behind closed doors at Lesser Hampden.