The Queen of the South thread

A bit puzzled how a Queen's fan could never have been to Annan, I just assumed everyone would have been but would just have been better away for a carry on.

Selfishly would probably have preferred away too but suspect it would have led to the hassle of an all ticket game which can presumably be avoided at Palmerston.

Whats the chances of the game getting switched to the sunday ? Would be expecting a gate of upto 3000 for this game and with it also falling on the same day of the Dumfries Agricultural show I would have thought police Scotland mite just want to avoid even more traffic heading through town and ask for a change of date . Could even help the attendance if the game was moved to the sunday .

We've played many a game on the same day as the show, and this one wont be any different. With people still being on holiday, id be very surprised if we broke the 2000 barrier. Although slightly gutted I'll miss this game due to being at a stag doo, I'm glad I won't have to suffer the arseholes from the Dumfries show out that night.

Guest Flash

A bit puzzled how a Queen's fan could never have been to Annan, I just assumed everyone would have been but would just have been better away for a carry on.

I've never been to their ground because we've never played a competitive game there and I won't go there until we do. Don't see anything particularly puzzling about that.

Unless Annan bring about 1500 fans I don't forsee a crowd of 3000.

Agreed. And I don't think Annan are like Gretna yet. About 1,400 of their 1,500 fans who came to Palmerston were able to walk home.

Been a good first half with queens playing 4 1 2 3 formation with Lyle through middle with paton and russel either side annan are a very poor side and have offered very little except forcing antell into one save and a few corners