The Queen of the South thread

It was hot, I hate heat. Annan were pish, Queens were better. The End

As for the first bit, get used to it it's supposed to last another week. The second, how true and your comment regarding Queens, well I hope to hear a lot of that this season. :)

Edited by Hawk

As with all trialists it takes time to gel with new team mates added pressure to produce a perfect game especially playing in front of your home fans for the first time and with Antell being scrutinised with every touch, being judged, is he as good as last seasons keeper, Antell has only had 4 days training which have included two run outs against weakish opposition so I think theres alot more to come given the chance.

I was speaking to a mate who is a Carlisle fan and he was telling me that Willie Gibson was a trialist for Workington Reds when Carlisle played them on the 9th July.

Looking at Workington Reds website (http://www.workingtonafc.com/s/players-coaches-95293.html?player_id=972605) he also played there on Saturday against Gateshead.

I was speaking to a mate who is a Carlisle fan and he was telling me that Willie Gibson was a trialist for Workington Reds when Carlisle played them on the 9th July.

Looking at Workington Reds website (http://www.workingtonafc.com/s/players-coaches-95293.html?player_id=972605) he also played there on Saturday against Gateshead.

If thats true , then , thats a shame considering the talent he has.

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I was speaking to a mate who is a Carlisle fan and he was telling me that Willie Gibson was a trialist for Workington Reds when Carlisle played them on the 9th July.

Waste of a career if true.

Conference North won't be that much of a drop from the second division I would have thought. I also saw that Gavin Skelton is player coach there.

The main point John, is that Gibson , at his age and ability, should not be in the Conference North or the Scottish Second Division for that matter.

The main point John, is that Gibson , at his age and ability, should not be in the Conference North or the Scottish Second Division for that matter.

Age and ability mean nothing if you don't have the attitude!

What would you think his level should have been then? he was a solid SPL player and briefly played for an top league 2 team, conducting a 6 figure transfer fee. He's had a career that many first division players could only dream of, but there is still the feeling that he could have stayed at a higher level for longer.

Well it's no real surprise or shame if he's on the scrapheap in that case.

No matter what the circumstances , I am saying that its a shame he did not do more in his career.

What would you think his level should have been then? he was a solid SPL player and briefly played for an top league 2 team, conducting a 6 figure transfer fee. He's had a career that many first division players could only dream of, but there is still the feeling that he could have stayed at a higher level for longer.

He certainly could have bettered league 2. His attitude has plagued him his whole career.

Oh how the mighty has fallen :lol:

Taking in the two cup games you could argue Queens have 4 friendless/practice games up to the first league game against Dundee.

A few posts further up this page discuss attitude on the football pitch. If Queens take this attitude onto the park against Annan or Threave/Spartans they'll lose! I still cringe when I think of the cup game against Albion of few years ago when the players thought it would be a walk in the park against a 3rd division team., or more recently the cup game against Brechin. You would certainly hope that the manager will have the team prepared with the right mindset before these matches and that the boys will be up for a scrap.

I happen to not enjoy friendlies very much at all. There are a couple of exceptions though. Remember beating Sheff Wed at Palmerston circa 1980 in pre season and also Carlisle Utd in the Borders Cup in the early nineties . That was good .