The Queen of the South thread

If artificial parks are good enough for Champions League football they should also be good enough for the highest level domestically. Not suggesting Queens are heading that way, or anything, but if you were to go up this season I'd hope you didn't have to rip it up. Hopefully the merged league bodies would make a difference in that event.

It's 3g - that's as high as current official accreditations go. Looks the business, however, and well done Queens in securing it. As you'll be aware a lot of 2nd Division clubs are really thriving with these artificial pitches. There was talk of Ayr looking at one and while I was never really that keen I think the financial benefials are too good to ignore.

It's fifth generation 3G (if that's not a contradiction in terms but that's how they describe it). It's the fifth level of technical advancement since they went to 3G.

If artificial parks are good enough for Champions League football they should also be good enough for the highest level domestically. Not suggesting Queens are heading that way, or anything, but if you were to go up this season I'd hope you didn't have to rip it up. Hopefully the merged league bodies would make a difference in that event.

As discussed a while ago in the SPL forum and currently in Tonsilitis' thread this morning, 2 star rated artificial surfaces are absolutely fine for the top level in the new structure. They were also absolutely fine latterly in the SPL, this isn't anything the merger has changed.

Guest Flash

If the money's overdue, then do what any other business would do - take them to court.

Yeah take them to court and get an administrator appointed. 15 point deduction and a signing ban. :thumsup2

It's fifth generation 3G (if that's not a contradiction in terms but that's how they describe it). It's the fifth level of technical advancement since they went to 3G.

As discussed a while ago in the SPL forum and currently in Tonsilitis' thread this morning, 2 star rated artificial surfaces are absolutely fine for the top level in the new structure. They were also absolutely fine latterly in the SPL, this isn't anything the merger has changed.

I suppose in computing terms it would be version 3.5.

I thought the SPL always kept the "subject to board approval" line

Guest Flash

I suppose in computing terms it would be version 3.5.

I thought the SPL always kept the "subject to board approval" line

They did.

Plus the SPL rules also required USH or, more accurately,UPH (as SD pointed out in the other thread).

With the current state of Killie's finances, the fact that they were paying compensation for a new management team was a nonsense anyway.

Still though, Queens should have demanded the money up-front. I certainly wouldn't trust them to pay anything on time right now.

If you had said that most senior football would be played on a non grass surface even a couple of years ago , then people would have thought you insane. Its certainly going that way and no wonder. Our climate aint getting any better and this will secure the smaller clubs futures by getting games on and community use on it during the week. Takes a bit of getting used to though for an old traditionalist like myself

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

No under soil heating required now anyway as long as you have some form of pitch protection ie under soil heating covers etc I'd think 3G will come into that

Killie really are a shower aren't they?

Failing to pay bills on time and coming out as Rangers apologists when asked the question.

Thank God you'd never get a Queens board behaving like that.

Bet you any money that their fans had the same feelings towards the rangers as the vast majority of our fans did though.

Bet you any money that their fans had the same feelings towards the rangers as the vast majority of our fans did though.

That's a bet I would not take as I'm sure you're right.

Similarly, it's not Killie fans who are witholding payment for our manager.

That's a bet I would not take as I'm sure you're right.

Similarly, it's not Killie fans who are witholding payment for our manager.

Yeh , the point I am making is that they will most likely be horrified about the way this guy goes about his business in the same way we felt when some called us rangers lovers.

Yeh , the point I am making is that they will most likely be horrified about the way this guy goes about his business in the same way we felt when some called us rangers lovers.

Yes, but my point is that much as we have a sense of grievance over this, it's allegedly not long since we were late to pay some bills too.

Throw in the other thing, and we're maybe not so different from Killie at boardroom level.

I'm so pleased we have not gone down the route of summer football. With the way the weather has been the last couple of weeks those in control would have to have had a serious look at the safety implications for both players and supporters in these extreme conditions. People's health and safety is at serious risk with surfaces as hard as concrete and sunstroke and dehydration as real possibility for players and supporters alike. :P

And the good old grass surface looked far better. Sorry but I'm a traditionalist and am still not convinced by these artificial surfaces. Grass and grass only for me.

I'd rather the club moved forward and tried to generate extra revenue than stick to having a bumpy grass pitch for the sake of tradition to be honest.