The Queen of the South thread

If I could give a few words of advice to Gavin and Danny they would be, dont re-sign if you are given the offer. Go to another team where the manager would appreciate you and not hold you back on your development in football.

Strong words do you know of other managers that would be desparate to sign these 2 lads in particular Danny who has been frozen out of the team, what a difference a year makes. ie rumours of moving to SPL sides!

If I could give a few words of advice to Gavin and Danny they would be, don’t re-sign if you are given the offer. Go to another team where the manager would appreciate you and not hold you back on your development in football.

I'm sure you will have a strong influence in this decision Mrs Reilly.

Strong words do you know of other managers that would be desparate to sign these 2 lads in particular Danny who has been frozen out of the team, what a difference a year makes. ie rumours of moving to SPL sides!

My point exactly, he goes from being nominated by his fellow players last year as one of the players of the season yet this year doesn’t seem to get any game time.

My point exactly, he goes from being nominated by his fellow players last year as one of the players of the season yet this year doesn’t seem to get any game time.

You are aware we were playing in a lower league last year against postmen and plumbers aye? ;)

Someone once said 'You win nothing with Kidds'

Danny gets a preference from supporters over just about everyone else in the squad. Russell and Paton wouldn't have gotten the same support when they tried and failed to beat a man or put in a poor cross. He's had a difficult season and it looks like he's not developing, personally I think he should move on. Gavin is actually proving himself at this level and while he is not the finished article you can see him improving in every game.

Edited by Sloop John B

I think because he was late to the professional game people think Carmichael is younger than he is.

He can't really be considered a "prospect" anymore.

Reilly has shown enough progression year on year to suggest he can perform at this level and perhaps beyond. He hasn't turned 21 yet.

I think Danny can still come good but he constantly picks the wrong option in the final third and his finishing is really really poor.

He gets in great positions and should be scoring 8/10 goals a season but even in div 2 when he was running riot he had a very poor scoring record.

I think some good coaching would make a big difference but on the positive he has a great attitude, works really hard and has great skill.

Gavin can make a player no doubt.

I think Danny can still come good but he constantly picks the wrong option in the final third and his finishing is really really poor.

He gets in great positions and should be scoring 8/10 goals a season but even in div 2 when he was running riot he had a very poor scoring record.

I think some good coaching would make a big difference but on the positive he has a great attitude, works really hard and has great skill.

Gavin can make a player no doubt.

Danny did well today. That said your post sums him up perfectly. Terrible effort at goal when played in but did have a positive impact on the game nonetheless.

Danny did well today. That said your post sums him up perfectly. Terrible effort at goal when played in but did have a positive impact on the game nonetheless.

I said after the shot that that is exactly why he's been on the bench more often than not. Great play to get himself into a good position and then an awful end product. If he could add a more consistent end product to his game he would be a fantastic player

Agree a good coach would tell Danny that all that he really needs to do in that "inside right channel" is drive the ball hard and low aiming for the far corner - some will be saved inevitably but you will get some deflections, rebounds and some great strikes that fly in.

That effort today evidenced very bad technique and a complete lack of confidence and know how.To fail to hit the target so woefully and repeatedly from great positions is such a waste of talent. Getting over the ball and pulling the trigger decisively - can it be that difficult?

This as a weakness that can be easily coached but a succession of managers have all failed to improve the problem.

Disappointing and frustrating - you bet it is!!!!!