The Queen of the South thread

I remember a young black keeper by the name of Alex Williams in the early 80's coming in on loan from Manchester City. He played in their first team for a few seasons after that.

I am sure Jimmy Rimmer of Aston Villa rocked up for a couple of games too. However, nobody else seems to remember that so I may be imagining it.

Remember Williams but not Rimmer

I remember a young black keeper by the name of Alex Williams in the early 80's coming in on loan from Manchester City. He played in their first team for a few seasons after that.

I am sure Jimmy Rimmer of Aston Villa rocked up for a couple of games too. However, nobody else seems to remember that so I may be imagining it.

Williams played for us in the early part of the 86/87 season in the 1st division. This was well after his most infamous display for Man City when he fumbled a late cross against Luton, allowing Radi Antic who went on to manage Real Madrid, to score and relegate City, bringing David Pleat dancing across the field.

Williams also played at Palmerston in Ball's 1984 testimonial.

George Farm has an FA Cup winners medal does he not? Was he not the Blackpool goalkeeper in the "Matthews Final"?

EDITED - Oops posted before I noticed Distant Doonhamer already named him.

Warren Hawke is another one with a Runners Up medal.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

That's the one I had in mind. I remember that he didn't wear the same shorts as everyone else at Queens, presumably because they were a little snug.

Myself & other young Queens fans meeting several Queens players including Dick Malone many years ago :)

2hpprev.jpg