The Queen of the South thread

I know of quite a few 'auld yins' that stand the first half and sit in the new stand in the second - whilst that's never been a problem at Palmerston I guess it won't be an option against the big three this season. Also, the bookies portacabin idea was trialled a few seasons ago, but it's long since disappeared - I'd wager it was killed off by the growth in smartphone gambling.

As for drinking, I have to say I enjoy a swalley more than most, but the era of drinking at the game has passed imo. Best enjoy your pint in a decent pub before and after the game, say I. Whilst the vast majority can handle their hooch, it only takes one likkered-up wee tube to spoil it at the game.

It's just another excuse people use for not going when they wouldn't go anyway. I doubt the impact of selling crap beer in a plastic cup will suddenly cause the fans to flock back.

Jim Thomson and Eddie Warwick have been in jointly dealing with things since Stuart had to give it up.

Real shame Stuart had to give it up, have heard there will not be a U19 league this season & they will be in a U20 league.

As his "parent" club St. Johnstone probably have an agreement to be able to recall him if they need him and probably have a say if they don't want him playing in certain cup competitions in case he's cup-tied.

Tommy Wright saying in the local press this morning that he'll join up with you guys after our European matches. Probably a case of wanting him to experience the build up to that and also having another senior goalkeeper registered in case either Mannus or Banks picks up an injury.

Good move for all parties I'd say.

Tommy Wright saying in the local press this morning that he'll join up with you guys after our European matches. Probably a case of wanting him to experience the build up to that and also having another senior goalkeeper registered in case either Mannus or Banks picks up an injury.

Good move for all parties I'd say.

Link to article

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/st-johnstone/return-to-queen-of-the-south-for-saints-young-goalkeeper-1.453161

If anyones interested , Jaime McDonald signs for Falkirk.

Excellent signing for Falkirk, a mire than able replacement for McGovern. Can't believe Jamie hasn't been snapped up by an SPL team in all honesty. Definitely more than capable.