The Queen of the South thread

The 'core' support hasn't changed much for a while now. But we seem to attract less for 'big' games. Not sure why? Is the novelty wearing off, is it still the Rangers vote fiasco?!

Have we really had anything that could be described as a "big" game recently? Rangers in the cup last season is the only one that comes to mind, and there were over 6000 at that.

I thought the crowds the season before were disappointing. I thought more would turn out to see a winning side and that we might keep a few of those going into the Championship.

As you say, the core support is fairly stable. Its really hard to know what can be done to encourage more "floating" fans to come

The 'core' support hasn't changed much for a while now. But we seem to attract less for 'big' games. Not sure why? Is the novelty wearing off, is it still the Rangers vote fiasco

Talking about that time, does that big Robertson bloke still go to the Queens games?

Sportscene covering Championship yet no mention of any team but The Rangers Hibs and Hearts.

Also Queens top of league after Saturday yet again no mention.

Difficult to show highlights of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs games without also showing their opponents. Livingston and Falkirk have featured so far with everyone else bound to do so in due course. Pat Nevin mentioned Queens and Raith Rovers good starts. Seems curious they didn't show the Championship table, but they didn't show the Premiership one either. Would agree that a short feature showcasing all Championship goals in addition to the ubiquitous Rangers, Hearts and Hibs coverage would be good, but some coverage of the Championship is better than none.

Difficult to show highlights of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs games without also showing their opponents. Livingston and Falkirk have featured so far with everyone else bound to do so in due course. Pat Nevin mentioned Queens and Raith Rovers good starts. Seems curious they didn't show the Championship table, but they didn't show the Premiership one either. Would agree that a short feature showcasing all Championship goals in addition to the ubiquitous Rangers, Hearts and Hibs coverage would be good, but some coverage of the Championship is better than none.

Clearly that's the case

My point is Queens won 4-0 win away and top with no real mention. Coverage isn't balanced.

...but some coverage of the Championship is better than none.

They can class it as "Championship coverage" if they like. But if QoS were top and Livi 2nd at Xmas with them playing each other that week it still wouldn't be the feature game. In all honesty I would rather they just came out and said it - "We'll show coverage of some Championship games as long as one of 'the 3' are featured".

I see you guys are playing a friendly away to Newcastle Benfield tomorrow night. I think that's the team Paddy Atkinson now runs.

Must be our reserves or 20's surely not our first team we can't afford any more injuries.

Must be our reserves or 20's surely not our first team we can't afford any more injuries.

U20's is the reserves now.

I see you guys are playing a friendly away to Newcastle Benfield tomorrow night. I think that's the team Paddy Atkinson now runs.

Were did you hear or read about this ?

U20's is the reserves now.

Were did you hear or read about this ?

If there's no reserves, when all our players are fit where do they get the chance to play to get their match fitness up to speed?

If there's no reserves, when all our players are fit where do they get the chance to play to get their match fitness up to speed?

Do they not just play with the U20's? I've thought that was the case for ages. Was the last time we had 'reserves reserves' ie. a group above the U20's, not the late 90's? I'm sure for a while it was U19's then the first team, with no group in between. Not entirely sure when it comes to those matters though tbh.

What a joke Queens only getting 1000 tickets for the upcoming fixture what a disgrace as we took around 1700 to a midweek game a couple of years back!!

All away supports at Ibrox being limited to less than 1000 seats for the rest of the season due to segregation problems against Hearts?! Surely away fans buying tickets in the home end could now end up being more of an issue?

All away supports at Ibrox being limited to less than 1000 seats for the rest of the season due to segregation problems against Hearts?! Surely away fans buying tickets in the home end could now end up being more of an issue?

I imagine that means rangers fans caused trouble so away fans are punished.

50000 seat stadium 1000 for away fans. At Palmerston they will get 3-4000! Only with Rangers pathetic!

Total nonsense from Police Scotland. There's no way they'd have taken this action if the visitors were Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen or any other such sized club.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like they want to police the game using a minimal amount of manpower. Given that all leave was cancelled during the Commonwealth Games, you don't need to add 2 + 2 to realise that they're short on numbers (and no-one can be ars*d going to Ibrox to do crowd control when we visit.)

Once again it's one set of rules for the big clubs and let the small ones suffer...