The Queen of the South thread

I'd imagine if they do decide to take a punt on him that they would let him see out the season with us and sign a pre contract in January.

Not sure how much we'd get as a development fee?

400k, I saw it on the internet

If you want a closer comparison you are surely better to look au the various players falkirk have sold to the championship. I think we should expect around £100k for Gav.

Or Morton scraping 50k for tidser, We might be lucky to get two bob and a doughnut.

We're all laughing but I think he's accidentally stumbled upon Alex Salmond's plan B. An independent Scotland could use "a Stevie May" as it's currency.

and in breaking news....

Unionist polticians are lining up to show Alex Salmond up for the "fool" he is after he asserted Scots would definitely still be able to enjoy Greggs sausage rolls, pasties and pies after independence despite Millband categorically stating that he would not allow it.

Edited by MacWatt

If you want a closer comparison you are surely better to look au the various players falkirk have sold to the championship. I think we should expect around £100k for Gav.

I rarely disagree with your posts DHD but on this occasion I have to. The sad reality of the situation is that we won't get close to that figure for him. The boy has potential but bigger teams won't look at it that way, they'll see he's playing for a second tier Scottish club and will make an offer more based on that fact.

If Gavin Reilly does indeed leave Queens for a handsome transfer fee then it could be used in conjunction with DGHP funding to build a new Main Stand.......wishful thinking I know!

I think the DGHP interest (if it was ever that serious in the first place)in such a project will have been killed off when the QOS Arena opened. DGHP would really need to put an offer in for Palmerston and the surrounding land and be happy to build us a stadium and ajoining Arena elsewhere. However, the chances of that happening are slimmer than Lena Zavaroni's jeans(one for the teenagers).

There can be no doubt that the ground needs modernising though.

I think the DGHP interest (if it was ever that serious in the first place)in such a project will have been killed off when the QOS Arena opened. DGHP would really need to put an offer in for Palmerston and the surrounding land and be happy to build us a stadium and ajoining Arena elsewhere. However, the chances of that happening are slimmer than Lena Zavaroni's jeans(one for the teenagers).

There can be no doubt that the ground needs modernising though.

The planned DGHP partnership never had nothing to do with the Arena.

The planned DGHP partnership never had nothing to do with the Arena.

I know they had nothing to do with the Arena. However, I am sure the original plan was for them to fund the renovation of Palmerston, subsequently amended to just the main stand. In return DGHP would have been able to build houses where the Arena and car park are.

That was my understanding, although it has been a while since there was any talk of it.

I know they had nothing to do with the Arena. However, I am sure the original plan was for them to fund the renovation of Palmerston, subsequently amended to just the main stand. In return DGHP would have been able to build houses where the Arena and car park are.

That was my understanding, although it has been a while since there was any talk of it.

The original plan was for them to fund stands behind both goals with office space for them underneath. Later amended to potentially include a new Main Stand also. None of it had anything to do with them doing anything on the old Tesco site, though there was a suggestion at one point they could use the land for housing if we couldn't find anything else to do with it. That was a completely separate possibility though and whether or not the stand renovation ever happens is not affected one way or another by what has been done with the Arena.

I have no idea what the state of play with that potential project now is although the advent of the SPFL and corresponding removal of the requirement for all seated grounds in the top division has reduced the need for us to worry about it imminently, though we could certainly do with a new Main Stand at some point.