The Queen of the South thread

I've just proudly affixed my team photo/fixtures poster to the wall behind my workstation. Now, thanks to the D&G Standard's free handout, I now know who we'll be playing in this season's Scottish Premiership.... :1eye

Great poster apart from the obvious mistake :D

I've just proudly affixed my team photo/fixtures poster to the wall behind my workstation. Now, thanks to the D&G Standard's free handout, I now know who we'll be playing in this season's Scottish Premiership.... :1eye

Trying to keep the big three happy!

The original plan was for them to fund stands behind both goals with office space for them underneath. Later amended to potentially include a new Main Stand also. None of it had anything to do with them doing anything on the old Tesco site, though there was a suggestion at one point they could use the land for housing if we couldn't find anything else to do with it. That was a completely separate possibility though and whether or not the stand renovation ever happens is not affected one way or another by what has been done with the Arena.

I have no idea what the state of play with that potential project now is although the advent of the SPFL and corresponding removal of the requirement for all seated grounds in the top division has reduced the need for us to worry about it imminently, though we could certainly do with a new Main Stand at some point.

It was reported at the time that a £17.4 million redevelopment was planned to include a 6,000 seater stadium, a cinema and bowling alley with office accommodation and housing on land owned by the club.

The old main stand was to be demolished and replaced with a new 1,100 seat stand with an office and corporate complex attached to it; terracing at the north side was to be demolished and replaced with a 1,400 seat stand and a £1.9 million office complex; another 1,400 seat stand was to be built at the Terregles Street end with a £1.5 million office complex attached.

The former Tesco was to be transformed into a 10-pin bowling alley and multiplex cinema.

The land on Lochfield Road was to be developed for housing.

Edited by MacWatt

It was reported at the time that a £17.4 million redevelopment was planned to include a 6,000 seater stadium, a cinema and bowling alley with office accommodation and housing on land owned by the club.

The old main stand was to be demolished and replaced with a new 1,100 seat stand with an office and corporate complex attached to it; terracing at the north side was to be demolished and replaced with a 1,400 seat stand and a £1.9 million office complex; another 1,400 seat stand was to be built at the Terregles Street end with a £1.5 million office complex attached.

The former Tesco was to be transformed into a 10-pin bowling alley and multiplex cinema.

The land on Lochfield Road was to be developed for housing.

Yes, but these were separate potential projects, albeit linked with the same partners. The ideas for the Tesco complex and for housing were not directly linked to the possibility of building stands at the ground and the fact something else ended up being done with the Tesco building doesn't make the stand project any less likely to happen. I've no idea if it will ever happen but if it doesn't it won't be because the Arena was opened instead.

Great start to the league campaign 2 games 6pts +6 goal diff despite being without 5 of our experienced players in Mitchell, Kerr Burns McKenna & Paton. Long may this form continue, nice to see we are playing attacking football.

To be honest we don't get the fans to merit a stadium expansion or upgrade. Maybe if the 30k plus folk from Dumfries and surrounding areas stopped supporting The Rangers and Celtic and came to watch there local team we could afford and merit a bigger stadium, maybe even the price to get in would come down. But struggling to get 2000 fans on a sat is pretty poor considering Queens play decent football and can manage 15000 at cup finals when folk decide to jump on the band wagon.

To be honest we don't get the fans to merit a stadium expansion or upgrade. Maybe if the 30k plus folk from Dumfries and surrounding areas stopped supporting The Rangers and Celtic and came to watch there local team we could afford and merit a bigger stadium, maybe even the price to get in would come down. But struggling to get 2000 fans on a sat is pretty poor considering Queens play decent football and can manage 15000 at cup finals when folk decide to jump on the band wagon.

Like Queens at the 2008 Cup Final, Celtic and Rangers both claimed to have taken 200,000 to Seville and Manchester respectively. It's best not to base expectations on gloryseeking, social media 'look I've got a picture of me here!' c**ts.

It's hard to see what the team and the BoD could do to boost numbers at Palmerston. Maybe it's best to accept that the attendance figures across Scottish football in the 1950s were a flash in the pan, and just get on with the numbers that we are dealt with in the 21st century.

Not romantic, I know, but maybe that's the practicality of where we are now as a society.

Like Queens at the 2008 Cup Final, Celtic and Rangers both claimed to have taken 200,000 to Seville and Manchester respectively. It's best not to base expectations on gloryseeking, social media 'look I've got a picture of me here!' c**ts.

It's hard to see what the team and the BoD could do to boost numbers at Palmerston. Maybe it's best to accept that the attendance figures across Scottish football in the 1950s were a flash in the pan, and just get on with the numbers that we are dealt with in the 21st century.

Not romantic, I know, but maybe that's the practicality of where we are now as a society.

The biggest problem is that we are playing the same teams far too often, Most regulars will not be at all 6 games against Livingston. Boring, boring, boring! :thumbsdown

People are talking about the possibility of Kerr coming in for the game against Sevco. Unless I've missed something somewhere there was even talk of him being fit to play against the Sons at the weekend, yet he wasn't even stripped!

Anyone got any thoughts or updates on this?

The biggest problem is that we are playing the same teams far too often, Most regulars will not be at all 6 games against Livingston. Boring, boring, boring! :thumbsdown

Agree 100%. Four league meetings per season is two too many imo.

I'd suggest that we make the most of our games against Livi, tho. They might not be around for much longer... :P

Kerr was due to be on the bench but pulled up in training on Friday. He's definitely the closest to returning.

It was on the radio this morning that Burnsy needs a clean up operation on his knee which should take 3 or 4 weeks to recover from.

Kerr was due to be on the bench but pulled up in training on Friday. He's definitely the closest to returning.

It was on the radio this morning that Burnsy needs a clean up operation on his knee which should take 3 or 4 weeks to recover from.

No disrespect to some but basically we're still gonna be down to the bare bones for the next month or so.

I would hope Paton isnt too far away either.

Burns interview on his knee op was on the OS yesterday ;)