The Queen of the South thread

People are talking like he's actually left.

That is a fair point.

While I really hope he does well in his trial I think the transfer talk for now is premature. If they like what they see I reckon they would get him down again in a couple of months for another look. Particularly if they were going to part with any money.

That is a fair point.

While I really hope he does well in his trial I think the transfer talk for now is premature. If they like what they see I reckon they would get him down again in a couple of months for another look. Particularly if they were going to part with any money.

Just this,

Good luck to Gavin but I wouldn't have thought things would happen to quickly.

I believed the work required to increase the Terregles end capacity was more to do with the turnstiles and exit areas. Following the close season I was expecting to see some yellow markings on the terrace like was carried out on the Portland road terrace plus a more permanent perimeter fence around the terrace instead of the heras fencing which does nothing to enhance the dilapidated look of that end of the ground!

Don't worry Mustafa there will be some lovely new yellow markings for you in due course. There will also be a lot of work to the old barriers and a few new ones too. There will be 3 turnstiles in the corner next to the end of the East stand and toilets and catering will be provided behind where the old pie shed used to be. The exit will be from the west end of the Terregles St. terrace. There is quite a bit of work to be done at the exit gate (at the bottom of the lighting pylon). The capacity will be almost double what it is at the moment, taking it up to about 1900. If they can fill that end 6 times this season it should more than pay for itself

Don't worry Mustafa there will be some lovely new yellow markings for you in due course. There will also be a lot of work to the old barriers and a few new ones too. There will be 3 turnstiles in the corner next to the end of the East stand and toilets and catering will be provided behind where the old pie shed used to be. The exit will be from the west end of the Terregles St. terrace. There is quite a bit of work to be done at the exit gate (at the bottom of the lighting pylon). The capacity will be almost double what it is at the moment, taking it up to about 1900. If they can fill that end 6 times this season it should more than pay for itself

Cheers railwayline. Be good to see things moving with respect to the improvements and even more pleasing to see a full terrace on match day.

There is no guarantee that two of the big guns will get promotion this season so if Queens can stay in the Championship for next season then there will be more big games to come that would require the Terregles end to be used.

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

Sounds good. Is that ugly temporary fencing at the back going to disappear too?

That sounds like a big figure though -1900. What's the capacity of the terracing at the other end?

Sounds good. Is that ugly temporary fencing at the back going to disappear too? That sounds like a big figure though -1900. What's the capacity of the terracing at the other end?

I'm sure 1900 was the capacity before it's closure in the 90's. Think the Portland road capacity is approx 3200?

I always thought the Stand currently known as the Rosefield Salvage Stand should have been called the Andy Thomson Stand when it was built. His transfer fee paid for it.

I think it's generally accepted by us more "mature" Queens fans that the transfer of Andy Thomson part paid for the building of the New Stand.

If Gavin Reilly does indeed leave Queens for a handsome transfer fee then it could be used in conjunction with DGHP funding to build a new Main Stand.......wishful thinking I know!

Palmerston capacity is 7,620 with 3,509 seats - source the OS

The Terregles Street was given a 898 capacity last September which leaves 3,213 for the Portland Road End & terrace under the stand ( if my sums are correct )

I'm sure 1900 was the capacity before it's closure in the 90's. Think the Portland road capacity is approx 3200?

How does the existing capacity break down then?

The new stand is 2,200 I believe and I think the main one is only about 1300.

That must leave the figures for the enclosure in front and to the left of the main stand as pretty low then, I suppose.

I still take it the Terregles St end will only be open for the big boys? I still think that's a shame, if so.

I think it's generally accepted by us more "mature" Queens fans that the transfer of Andy Thomson part paid for the building of the New Stand.

If Gavin Reilly does indeed leave Queens for a handsome transfer fee then it could be used in conjunction with DGHP funding to build a new Main Stand.......wishful thinking I know!

Gavin is going nowhere for the time being

How does the existing capacity break down then?

The new stand is 2,200 I believe and I think the main one is only about 1300.

That must leave the figures for the enclosure in front and to the left of the main stand as pretty low then, I suppose.

I still take it the Terregles St end will only be open for the big boys? I still think that's a shame, if so.

Palmerston capacity is 7,620 with 3,509 seats - source the OS

The Terregles Street was given a 898 capacity last September which leaves 3,213 for the Portland Road End & terrace under the stand ( if my sums are correct )