The Queen of the South thread

I'd consider a third season being established. However long you spent in the division before doesn't take away from the fact you are at this time a newly promoted team.

It wouldn't, if in fact it were the case. Did you blink and miss last season where we finished 4th? The newly promoted team is Rangers. Nobody else.

Nice deflection there. The P&B equivalent of a child chucking a hissy fit over nothing and then realising they look really stupid in front of their mates.

What are you on about?

Pointing out the obvious flaws in your stupid post, does not amount to throwing a hissy fit.

Weir would interest me. As would Butcher.

Butcher tends to alternate between being good at one club, then poor at another after he is head hunted. It is his time to be good again.

I thought he was a stick on for the County job.

Calderwood, if he would accept our wages, would probably

do a decent job. He might even bring Sandy Clark back as his assistant.

He is a bully and a horrible person as well as being a tactical dinosaur. Clark isn't much better either.

I can't see Gary Locke being interested. He's reportedly loving life back at Kilmarnock and should AJ fail then he's almost guaranteed a Premiership gig at a much bigger club than Queens.

As for Fowler, he'll be a crackin' manager one day, so might be a clever appointment.

I know Fowler is a player/coach with us and it's not therefore a massive leap to see him taking over as manager.

Genuine question though: What are the attributes that make some people on here see him as natural manager material, apart from his being cheap at this stage?

I know Fowler is a player/coach with us and it's not therefore a massive leap to see him taking over as manager. Genuine question though: What are the attributes that make some people on here see him as natural manager material, apart from his being cheap at this stage?

Whilst at Killie he was working heavily with Alan Robertson, and managed the Under 20s team alongside him for well over a year. He's an articulate, intelligent guy who likes football to be played properly (i.e. on the deck) and has been working closely with Jim Jefferies, Mixu, Shiels, Nicholl and McIntyre; all of whom had him taking parts of training etc.

Whilst at Killie he was working heavily with Alan Robertson, and managed the Under 20s team alongside him for well over a year. He's an articulate, intelligent guy who likes football to be played properly (i.e. on the deck) and has been working closely with Jim Jefferies, Mixu, Shiels, Nicholl and McIntyre; all of whom had him taking parts of training etc.

Fair enough.

Thank you.

Strange appointment from County for me, he was a shambles at dunf at that level...

Genuine question.... Are any QOS fans disappointed he has left ?

The big concern I suppose is the new appointment.... There is never a safe appointment in my opinion of managers but there are appointments that are just wrong...

Gus is available I think....Brian Reid an whatever happened to the Auld centre half you had....what's he up to ?

Danny lennon I suppose will be quoted

Edit- Jim Thomson....the centre half I was thinking about

Edited by MrDust