The Queen of the South thread

True Willie . Was speaking to good friend of Hewittson.

I was speaking to a friend of Lionel Messi and he says his Argentinian mate offered to play for us for £3.50 per week and a packet of Werther's Originals but McIntyre turned him down thinking he could get him for a packet of Fruit Pastilles.

True story

I was speaking to a friend of Lionel Messi and he says his Argentinian mate offered to play for us for £3.50 per week and a packet of Werther's Originals but McIntyre turned him down thinking he could get him for a packet of Fruit Pastilles.

True story FACT

Fixed for you.

Nice reply :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

True story

I find the other one a great deal more plausible.

In fact, I'd be reluctant to flippantly dismiss it, given the source, but each to their own.

True story

Not a great reply Ewan. I wouldn't put anything on here like that unless I am 100% certain its true . Do you think it isn't ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Looks like Fowler is going to be the new gaffer his odds have been slashed from 6/1 to 6/4 someone know something?

Maybe at 6's the bookies had a lapse in concentration and forgot that QoS will always go for the cheap option :-o

Fowler has confirmed he is interested, in an interview with West Sound. Unless there is an absolute stand out external applicant I'd give him the job. I, obviously, reserve the right to change my mind should we get humped on Saturday

Pictures of the work going on at the Terregles end are up on the OS

Not really sure that Fowler would be ready to move straight into management on his own at this stage, so it might make sense to keep him on, in his current role of player-coach, and then go for an experienced manager like Lennon,or Calderwood for example, with a view to 'promoting from within' in the future. Whatever the outcome, please, please not McCall or Irons.

Not really sure that Fowler would be ready to move straight into management on his own at this stage, so it might make sense to keep him on, in his current role of player-coach, and then go for an experienced manager like Lennon,or Calderwood for example, with a view to 'promoting from within' in the future. Whatever the outcome, please, please not McCall or Irons.

I'm not sure this "grooming" idea particularly works. Ally McCoist was under Walter Smith's wing for several years and he's still an utter hopeless manager.

If Fowler is management material (and the Kilmarnock fans seem to think so), he will have picked up more through playing under various managers over the last 15 years than he would assisting someone like Jimmy Calderwood for a season.

There's not a hope in hell Davie Irons is a genuine candidate, which is good because I enjoy going to Queens games.