The Queen of the South thread

Genuine question . There's a ever growing group of fans who refuse to buy merchandise , book hospitality and now entry the draw because of these rumours . That's Sir is a fact .

We would like to know

2 Person Boycott IMO.

Quick question regarding the annual shirt draw . Does ALL the £400 entry fee go to Queens or does somebody earn commission from each sale just like he/she does from all merchandise sales ?

Going on the basis that your speculation is correct, then I can only see two reasons why this "ever growing group" have a problem. It is either through a personal dislike for the staff members involved, or through a dislike of contracts that include bonuses and incentives.

If it is the former then there's not an awful lot that can be done about that.

If it is the latter then presumably the same group are up in arms over the players' contracts which I'm sure will include win bonuses, clean-sheet bonuses, goal bonuses etc.?

Quick question regarding the annual shirt draw . Does ALL the £400 entry fee go to Queens or does somebody earn commission from each sale just like he/she does from all merchandise sales ?

If indeed this does happen whats the problem lots of businesses are run this way and very successfully too, thsts is obviously a personal issue that maybe should be resolved in person rather than on a messageboard. The club is doing so well off and on the pitch I fint really see the need for this boring behavior.

I'm pretty sure it's widely known that the money from the shirt draw, as well as other commercial activities, doesn't go entirely to the club.

Well I for one didn't know that, I just assumed it did.

If indeed this does happen whats the problem lots of businesses are run this way and very successfully too, thsts is obviously a personal issue that maybe should be resolved in person rather than on a messageboard. The club is doing so well off and on the pitch I fint really see the need for this boring behavior.

I know of at least 2 shirt draw entrants from last season that didn't bother this season, as they weren't even contacted by the commercial staff about the draw. How hard is it to send out a letter thanking all the previous years entries for their support, and with info regarding this season.

I know of at least 2 shirt draw entrants from last season that didn't bother this season, as they weren't even contacted by the commercial staff about the draw. How hard is it to send out a letter thanking all the previous years entries for their support, and with info regarding this season.

I know of two buisnesses who havent bothered entering for the new season .

For the same reason as above .

Edited by weeredbook

For what it's worth, nobody is paid any commission on the shirt draw entries, everyone who entered last year was sent a thank you letter (and a season ticket) and they were sent entry forms again this year.

If anyone wants to query the position then they should contact the club and speak to the Board about it. I'm sure the Chairman would be happy to discuss it.

Should Queens win the 4th v 3rd play off tie I see they will play the 2nd team at home 3 days later, take it with little time to organise ticket sales it will be pay at the gate match. Really hope this situation happens.

Should Queens win the 4th v 3rd play off tie I see they will play the 2nd team at home 3 days later, take it with little time to organise ticket sales it will be pay at the gate match. Really hope this situation happens.

None of the games will be pay at the gate, though I would imagine you'll be able to buy tickets outside up to kick off in all of them. Arrangements will be announced when finalised.

None of the games will be pay at the gate, though I would imagine you'll be able to buy tickets outside up to kick off in all of them. Arrangements will be announced when finalised.

When I say pay at gate I mean as a normal run of the mill league game, it could cause a problem if a massive away support turns up on the night tho.I doubt the ckub could cope with 2000 or so away fans on the night buying tickets. Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Wonder if all the playoff teams follow Rangers example and think about letting season ticket holders in for free and have reasonable pricing for others

Dowt it they will need to cover xtra costs for policing etc, I really think Rangers are doing it to stick two fingers up at the spfl rather than to say thanks to their fans.

Can anybody confirm what level of income Queens can expect to earn fom play offs. I appreciate that it is dependent on how far they progress but if we take the worst case scenario and they get knocked out in first double header :-

- do we keep 50% of home gate and get nothing from away match

- do we get any share of BT Sport tv money

I imagine the club gets very little after police stewarding costs plus vat taken out from home game and nothing from away tie. Also TV money goes into pot for all clubs.

So like last year if knocked out after first games no financial killing for Queens.

Surely the clubs who qualify or the play offs are entitled to make a decent return from the associated additional revenue.

After all we are attempting to provide full time football on average home crowds of 2500 and that average is heavily inflated by the big 3. If this had been a typical Championship league i shudder to think what our average would be ..........c1800 at best.

You bet we need the money if we are to continue to progress as we all hope.