The Queen of the South thread

On Boyd:

a return in the league last season of 3 goals from 20 starts, plus 12 from the bench, suggests his best days are very far behind him. That's barely prolific enough to be called meagre.

I'm well aware of how bad a season he's just had, but I'd still not write him off in terms of being able to contribute at this level, just yet.

The last couple of years Boyd has looked fat slow lazy and totally uninterested even Miller has looked better than him so no thanx far to much of a gamble.

The last couple of years Boyd has looked fat slow lazy and totally uninterested even Miller has looked better than him so no thanx far to much of a gamble.

This time one year ago, he'd just completed an excellent season in which his goals had kept Kilmarnock up.

Guest TOPFITTER

If we sign Boyd, expect him and Millar to mount a pincer movement on the pie shop.

Millar,Boyd and Del,,,,well the other 7 outfielders will have to be Olympic marathon standard achieving in fitness levels then :shutup

This time one year ago, he'd just completed an excellent season in which his goals had kept Kilmarnock up.

Sorry I thought he had been at ibrox 2 seasons

Guest TOPFITTER

Why include Del? He's not fast but he's in great shape for the stage of his career.

I said it before, but I'd be very happy with Boyd signing.

If it needs explaining (think Reilly) then I give up !!!

I know it's prob rubbish but we really need some experience in. Instead of more youth(Denny Johnstone) I like the idea of youth but there has to be that blend. I really like fowler and want him to be a success but I'm really starting to get worried now.

I know it's prob rubbish but we really need some experience in. Instead of more youth(Denny Johnstone) I like the idea of youth but there has to be that blend. I really like fowler and want him to be a success but I'm really starting to get worried now.

We have plenty of experience in the squad. Higgins, Dowie, Burns, Russell and Lyle (plus Skelton) are all 30 or over. We also have plenty of youth. What we dont have are many players in between. Millar and Conroy are 27 and 28 respectively but theres no-one else in their mid-late 20s, the closest is Thomson at 22.

Correct.