The Queen of the South thread

I think the starting 11 is weaker, but the squad depth is now stronger. I think it should be pointed out though, that yes we've won 4 from 4, but we've played 2 lower league sides and the 2 teams we expect to be relegation fodder. Reaching the playoffs again would be a very good achievement.

I think the starting 11 is weaker, but the squad depth is now stronger. I think it should be pointed out though, that yes we've won 4 from 4, but we've played 2 lower league sides and the 2 teams we expect to be relegation fodder. Reaching the playoffs again would be a very good achievement.

Before the season started I would probably have agreed. However, the only area we look weaker in is at left back. Marshall has started well but he's clearly not as good as Holt.

I expect us to win on Tuesday and I think away to Dumbarton next week will be the first proper test. They're looking very good at the moment.

That's a fair comment . The starting 11 not being as strong but the depth being so as compared to last season. It is incredibly difficult for us to replace the likes of Reilly and Holt with similar standard players but Fowler is having a damn good go at it regardless . The team is still finding its feet as well and we will get better. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Before the season started I would probably have agreed. However, the only area we look weaker in is at left back. Marshall has started well but he's clearly not as good as Holt.

the lad is 18 ffs,and done a lot more good than bad. Another clean sheet and was very tidy going forward.ARE YOU A TROLL?

the lad is 18 ffs,and done a lot more good than bad. Another clean sheet and was very tidy going forward.ARE YOU A TROLL?

But he's not as good as Holt, which is the point being made. What part of that do you believe is wrong?

But he's not as good as Holt, which is the point being made. What part of that do you believe is wrong?

its pretty unfair to even compare him with holt. The lad has hardly put a foot wrong since he came in.in fact he's been close to MOM in 2 of the games so far. But if left back is our weakest position this season.... Bring it

its pretty unfair to even compare him with holt. The lad has hardly put a foot wrong since he came in.in fact he's been close to MOM in 2 of the games so far. But if left back is our weakest position this season.... Bring it

The discussion they were having was a comparison of this season's squad with last season's squad. In that regard it is entirely fair to compare Holt and Marshall as they play(ed) in the same position. It is possible to say that Marshall is not as good as Holt without denigrating Marshall, just as it is possible to say Conroy is not as good Messi without denigrating Conroy. I think you have misinterpreted Mr X's comment, though I (and everyone else I am sure) saw that coming.

The discussion they were having was a comparison of this season's squad with last season's squad. In that regard it is entirely fair to compare Holt and Marshall as they play(ed) in the same position. It is possible to say that Marshall is not as good as Holt without denigrating Marshall, just as it is possible to say Conroy is not as good Messi without denigrating Conroy. I think you have misinterpreted Mr X's comment, though I (and everyone else I am sure) saw that coming.

i will read this again in the morning but thanks for now

Is this a comedy post? The previous one specified that Marshall has done well.

I don't think it's too unreasonable however, to suggest that he's not yet at the level of Holt.

I feel Marshall is as good as Holt and prob will turn out to be better through time, The manager has recruited very well who would have thot after 4 comp games we would have won all 4 still be in the league cup & petrofac cup which is better than last years squad, That included the forgotten 5 of Durnan Holt Mcshane Carmichael & Reilly. QUEENS are being run very well on & off the park. Well done Fowler & Hewitson and the rest of the staff.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Have to hand it to your manager. You lost a huge amount of players yet have started well. I know you have played two of the poorer teams but you can do no more than beat them.

I feel Marshall is as good as Holt and prob will turn out to be better through time, The manager has recruited very well who would have thot after 4 comp games we would have won all 4 still be in the league cup & petrofac cup which is better than last years squad, That included the forgotten 5 of Durnan Holt Mcshane Carmichael & Reilly. QUEENS are being run very well on & off the park. Well done Fowler & Hewitson and the rest of the staff.

Calm down for goodness sake.

To suggest that Marshall will be better than Holt on such scant evidence is daft.

The "Who would have thought?..." stuff is equally OTT.

I'm not best known for my bounding optimism but I'd have thought we might well win all four as we would have started as favourites in each of them. And if we weren't still in both cups at this stage, I'd be really disappointed, (allowing for the Annan close shave) given the kind draws we've had in both competitions.

We've started fine. Obviously, the departures do not appear to have destroyed us. Let's not get carried away though.

Happy enough with the start and don't think Fowler could have done any better in replacing the number and quality of players who have departed.

But before getting carried away, we have beaten part-time Stranraer, who lost 4-0 at home to Peterhead, we drew with Annan over 90 minutes, same as Stirling Albion and we beat part-time Alloa and probably the worst full-time team in the division.

No complaints about the results so far, but too early to draw any conclusions.

Edited to correct the Stranraer score.

Edited by Flash