The Queen of the South thread

Good result tonight for us. Hopefully we do our bit Saturday and kick on

Really? I thought the opposite tbh. Most people (themselves included in all likelihood) probably expected Livi to get humped tonight. The fact they only got beat 1-0 will surely mean they take away more positives than negatives from the game?

Really? I thought the opposite tbh. Most people (themselves included in all likelihood) probably expected Livi to get humped tonight. The fact they only got beat 1-0 will surely mean they take away more positives than negatives from the game?

Was he not on about Hibs beating Falkirk?

James Fowler.

Good, bad, indifferent?

Seems to me he was rightly getting a lot of plaudits last season but your team are struggling a bit this season.

Obviously a lot of players were sold which he could do nothing about. How has he replaced those players and is he under any pressure from the fans or are you happy with him?

James Fowler.

Good, bad, indifferent?

Seems to me he was rightly getting a lot of plaudits last season but your team are struggling a bit this season.

Obviously a lot of players were sold which he could do nothing about. How has he replaced those players and is he under any pressure from the fans or are you happy with him?

This season is Fowler's first test. Last season he had a great settled squad and the team picked itself for the most part.

He's had to bring in his own players this year some have been direct replacements for the boys who've left:-

Marshall for Holt. Holt is a quality defender and is nearer completion that Marshall, but Marshall is still young (younger). He's been one of our consistently good performers. It was always going to be an impossible task replacing, arguably the best of our departed players but on Fowler's budget I reckon he's done as good as he possibly could have.

Hilson for Reilly. Hard to judge just yet as Hilson has been injured for a fair bit but it's clear to see we miss him terribly. He puts himself about and he never stops. We're yet to see his full goalscoring potential due to the injury but he's another I feel Fowler has done well with.

Brownlie for Durnan. Again this was going to be a difficult task. Brownlie has come under heavy criticism from a few of our fans but for me personally I think there is another quality defender in there. He's got all the right attributes to be a good CB, he just needs to improve his reading of the game IMO.

Harris for Carmichael? I'm not sure if that's the case but I'm assuming that's the idea. If it is, I don't think Harris has been anywhere near as effective as Carmichael. I've only seen him have one really good game. I do like him though but I think when he has a fair chunk of defensive duties he's not the same player. Finding Harris' best position has been the biggest task so far.

Tapping for McShane. Again I'm not sure if it's the case but I reckon if Tapping was fit he'd be a regular for us. As it is he's been out all season and recently picked up another injury in a development game so could be out further. I've only seen him play a small amount but I'm gutted he's out because in the time I've seen him he looks like he could be a quality CM. he gets the ball down and his head up. Against Killie in pre-season he played a handful of excellent through balls and it's that kind of thing we're currently missing.

Overall I'm still happy enough with Fowler and feel he's done a good job at replacing our departed players. This season was always going to be "mid table mediocrity" as it was about rebuilding. My hope for this season is that Fowler finally finds a settled system and that next season we keep hold of our squad and push for the playoffs with the boys knowing each others game that little bit better.

This season is Fowler's first test. Last season he had a great settled squad and the team picked itself for the most part.

He's had to bring in his own players this year some have been direct replacements for the boys who've left:-

Marshall for Holt. Holt is a quality defender and is nearer completion that Marshall, but Marshall is still young (younger). He's been one of our consistently good performers. It was always going to be an impossible task replacing, arguably the best of our departed players but on Fowler's budget I reckon he's done as good as he possibly could have.

Hilson for Reilly. Hard to judge just yet as Hilson has been injured for a fair bit but it's clear to see we miss him terribly. He puts himself about and he never stops. We're yet to see his full goalscoring potential due to the injury but he's another I feel Fowler has done well with.

Brownlie for Durnan. Again this was going to be a difficult task. Brownlie has come under heavy criticism from a few of our fans but for me personally I think there is another quality defender in there. He's got all the right attributes to be a good CB, he just needs to improve his reading of the game IMO.

Harris for Carmichael? I'm not sure if that's the case but I'm assuming that's the idea. If it is, I don't think Harris has been anywhere near as effective as Carmichael. I've only seen him have one really good game. I do like him though but I think when he has a fair chunk of defensive duties he's not the same player. Finding Harris' best position has been the biggest task so far.

Tapping for McShane. Again I'm not sure if it's the case but I reckon if Tapping was fit he'd be a regular for us. As it is he's been out all season and recently picked up another injury in a development game so could be out further. I've only seen him play a small amount but I'm gutted he's out because in the time I've seen him he looks like he could be a quality CM. he gets the ball down and his head up. Against Killie in pre-season he played a handful of excellent through balls and it's that kind of thing we're currently missing.

Overall I'm still happy enough with Fowler and feel he's done a good job at replacing our departed players. This season was always going to be "mid table mediocrity" as it was about rebuilding. My hope for this season is that Fowler finally finds a settled system and that next season we keep hold of our squad and push for the playoffs with the boys knowing each others game that little bit better.

Tapping could potentially get binned if he he can't stay fit.Hope I'm wrong and he comes back and is a key performer!