The Queen of the South thread

Looks like Nade is going to Dumbarton.Surely if anyone had a choice you would play Nade before Smith.Smith like Reilly did needs to go out on loan and get games then come back and push for the 1st team.Smith is not ready right now for the 1st team

We have a good chance of reaching the play-offs, but if we are being honest little chance of winning them. Equally, we are unlikely to go down or be in a relegation play-off.

On that basis I don't see any value in giving Nade a deal as I don't think he would bring enough to change that. However, I can see more benefit in giving Smith more game time as it would help with his development, which can only help us going forward.

We have a good chance of reaching the play-offs, but if we are being honest little chance of winning them. Equally, we are unlikely to go down or be in a relegation play-off.

On that basis I don't see any value in giving Nade a deal as I don't think he would bring enough to change that. However, I can see more benefit in giving Smith more game time as it would help with his development, which can only help us going forward.

Agree with all of that

Suppose the risk is potentially missing out on glamour playoff ties due to Hilson being injured and no other striker being signed to replace Heffernan or Coogans. Would send a good message out to fans if we were to make a good forward signing and the fact Fowler has been stating for so long he is looking for a striker yet has not yet signed one is not great

It would be nice to reach the playoffs, but I wouldnt describe it as a "risk" as such. Thats more semantics that actually fundamentally disagreeing with you though.

Theres a large section of fans who wouldnt be satisfied if we signed Messi

Locke away from killie

Fowler ?

Discuss

I doubt it. They will be looking for somebody with a higher profile. Is Butcher still out of work? Could've a decent shout for them.

McCall or possibly even fat Sally. His garden must be in pristine condition now. Even McNamara at York (despite him being in employment. I don't think York would be hard to deal with) would probably be higher up the list than Fowler.

I doubt it. They will be looking for somebody with a higher profile. Is Butcher still out of work? Could've a decent shout for them.

McCall or possibly even fat Sally. His garden must be in pristine condition now. Even McNamara at York (despite him being in employment. I don't think York would be hard to deal with) would probably be higher up the list than Fowler.

Out of the names (Stuart McCall aside) mentioned he's probably the least bad option on the face of things and the obvious links between him and the club but otherwise I don't think he deserves it yet. As I felt when Johnston took the job that anyone with any sense would realise that it is a poisoned chalice of a job and you should stay well clear.

Out of the names (Stuart McCall aside) mentioned he's probably the least bad option on the face of things and the obvious links between him and the club but otherwise I don't think he deserves it yet. As I felt when Johnston took the job that anyone with any sense would realise that it is a poisoned chalice of a job and you should stay well clear.

If you were a bookie pricing up the odds I reckon he would be about 10-1. The rest for me would be shorter.

Has he? I know he's said he'd like another striker (most managers would pretty much). Not sure he's gone as far as saying we need one. Coogans was a young lad up here so we could have a look at him and he could come back home for a spell as he wanted to come back to Scotland. If he contributed anything at first team level into the bargain that would have been great. We've let Heffernan go but have Hilson on the way back. We still have Lyle, Russell, Oliver and Smith. Lyle and Russell are scoring freely enough and there was plenty of evidence that Hilson would had he remained fit. I imagine if we got another one in Smith might go out on loan but we're not desperate. You look at Raith for instance and they have one out and out striker on the books (Mark Stewart). Albeit they have two or three guys like Longridge and Panayatiou who can play wide or up front. Plus Vaughan on his way back. Dumbarton I think only have Garry Fleming as an out and out striker.

I'm basing it largely on this article here, which given the source perhaps isn't wise. I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere as well though.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/queen-souths-hunt-experienced-striker-7268342#fBZ4XRwOo8FYBQRS.97