The Queen of the South thread

Have Queens announced their released list yet? I noticed it was in the Record the other day that Conroy had left, but wasn't sure if he was the only one.

I also need to link ourselves with any of the vaguely reasonable players on the list

They havent published a release list the last few seasons. I dont know but I'd be surprised if they did this season. 

They havent published a release list the last few seasons. I dont know but I'd be surprised if they did this season. 

Ah right, that would explain why I haven't seen one.

Shame, a released list from a club is always something I enjoy. Scottish football needs a strong released list.

Ah right, that would explain why I haven't seen one.

Shame, a released list from a club is always something I enjoy. Scottish football needs a strong released list.

We need a manager first!

Anyway, going by twitter Hutton is definitely away. Shame, he could have been a really big player for us this season

ETA - signed for St Mirren

Edited by Mr X

We need a manager first!

Anyway, going by twitter Hutton is definitely away. Shame, he could have been a really big player for us this season

Fair point!

I've added Hutton to the list on the Summer window thread. Odds on Stuart Carswell being his replacement at Queens?

We need a manager first!

Can't say his departure is a shock an extremely Meh player who was tidy on the ball but very rarely looked like doing anything with it.

We need a manager first!

Did flatter to deceive half the time but was improving after his run of games. If he has joined St Mirren with Alex Rae I'm unsure whether Saints will get more out of him than Queens did. Edited by RUSTY1111

Fair point!

I've added Hutton to the list on the Summer window thread. Odds on Stuart Carswell being his replacement at Queens?

Who is Stuart Carswell? A St Mirren player by all accounts.... Edited by RUSTY1111

Hutton was a near unanimous choice for player of the year for a reason. I would have preferred to keep him but we are in no position to outbid St Mirren for players.

Conroy hasnt been "released" either though there is a general assumption that he wont be back, most likely stemming from a lack of recent involvement and his not even attending the last two games (he was ill I think). Andrew McNair put that he was expected to leave on the back of the Standard last week. Dont know if he had actually spoken to the player though or was just making a similar presumption.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Hutton was a near unanimous choice for player of the year for a reason. I would have preferred to keep him but we are in no position to outbid St Mirren for players.

Conroy hasnt been "released" either though there is a general assumption that he wont be back. Andrew McNair put that on the back of the Standard last week. Dont know if he had actually spoken to the player though or was just making a similar presumption.

Damn your club and their lack of clarity around players leaving.

I just clocked it in the 'soccer shorts' or whatever it's called in the Daily Record last week, presumably they lifted it from the standard to fill a bit of space.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I just clocked it in the 'soccer shorts' or whatever it's called in the Daily Record last week, presumably they lifted it from the standard to fill a bit of space.

Yes, both part of the same newspaper group. In fact, the Standards online stuff is branded Daily Record

Same author I would imagine. As Mr X says, both part of Trinity Mirror and stuff from the Standard on Queens often appears in the Record too.

That's a huge blow regarding Hutton he is a terrific player.  Obviously as stated we can't compete with St Mirren and he is unlikely to have built up a close enough affinity with the club in his short time to commit to us whilst we don't have a manager.

Keeping hold of him would have been a positive statement of intent by the club but alas I feel it could be another Summer spent signing from the bargain basement again.  What are the odds on 2 or 3 arrivals from Livi?

Yes, both part of the same newspaper group. In fact, the Standards online stuff is branded Daily Record

Same author I would imagine. As Mr X says, both part of Trinity Mirror and stuff from the Standard on Queens often appears in the Record too.

Aye that's what will have happened. The stuff I write for the Lennox Herald all goes up on the Record website, so it'll just be the same as that.

Hutton got player of the season? :o He came in to a cracking run of form in the last few months but before that he certainly wasn't putting in player of the season performances.

He built up a good partnership with Tapping near the end there and I certainly would have liked him to stay. He's certainly not irreplaceable though.

Can't say his departure is a shock an extremely Meh player who was tidy on the ball but very rarely looked like doing anything with it.

Does he put himself about?

Can he tackle?

If the answer to either or both of these is yes, he's already an improvement on Carswell. But still nae Goodwin.

Does he put himself about?

Can he tackle?

If the answer to either or both of these is yes, he's already an improvement on Carswell. But still nae Goodwin.

He does put himself about but hes more likely to break up play rather than fly around putting in tackles. Hes definitely no Jim Goodwin!