The Queen of the South thread

I have been to the last two games!! and yes he has done fantastic, but as the game goes on he tires a lot quicker than other members of the team, what I'm saying is put Smith up front and then bring Lyle on as I think this season he will be more suited to coming of the bench to score goals

Pickard is always a walking booking and he still hasn't got a defined postion if you ask me .

You're surely getting it the wrong way around then? Give Lyle 70 minutes then bring on Smith.

I've seen nothing so far to suggest Lyle deserves to be benched and I've seen nothing from Smith that suggests he deserves a regular start. Lyle isn't as quick as he used to be but his off the ball work and link up play are excellent for this level and a major asset. Smith doesn't come close to providing what Lyle does. But Smith's pace is an asset when defences are tiring.

32 minutes ago, temps15 said:

I have been to the last two games!! and yes he has done fantastic, but as the game goes on he tires a lot quicker than other members of the team, what I'm saying is put Smith up front and then bring Lyle on as I think this season he will be more suited to coming of the bench to score goals

Even if that were true (and I'm far from convinced it is) why would you not have your best striker give as much as he can before going off rather than have him cooling his heels on the bench.

Pickard is always a walking booking and he still hasn't got a defined postion if you ask me .

Nonsense. Lyle is a certain starter before smith

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

You're surely getting it the wrong way around then? Give Lyle 70 minutes then bring on Smith.

I've seen nothing so far to suggest Lyle deserves to be benched and I've seen nothing from Smith that suggests he deserves a regular start. Lyle isn't as quick as he used to be but his off the ball work and link up play are excellent for this level and a major asset. Smith doesn't come close to providing what Lyle does. But Smith's pace is an asset when defences are tiring.

This

I agree Lyle is a certain starter but to suggest that Smith has done nothing to prove he merits a start is silly. He'll give Skelton a headache and a good one at that this season. I've seen Smith all Pre-season and the way he defended from the front and hassled defenders is something we need in my opinion. He seems stronger as well which I think he needed to work on. In my opinion it will depend who we are playing that'll decide who starts or not.

I agree Lyle is a certain starter but to suggest that Smith has done nothing to prove he merits a start is silly. He'll give Skelton a headache and a good one at that this season. I've seen Smith all Pre-season and the way he defended from the front and hassled defenders is something we need in my opinion. He seems stronger as well which I think he needed to work on. In my opinion it will depend who we are playing that'll decide who starts or not.

I think Smith should start tomorrow against stenny
As said above Smith seems to have came in leaps and bounds since last season I've been to pretty much all pretty season games and he has impressed me

I've seen Smith all Pre-season and the way he defended from the front and hassled defenders is something we need in my opinion.

Has he though? I've said in the past, Smith's work rate isn't good enough. He has pace, he is willing to run with the ball and his positioning in dangerous areas is decent for his age. With that in mind you need to ask why he hasn't featured more. And for me it's his lack of work rate. He can go through games unnoticed if the ball doesn't come to feet. He need to look for the ball more often IMO.

If we started Smith ahead of Lyle we would be significantly weaker.

8 hours ago, temps15 said:

Would have Jacobs in DM before Pickard would also leave Lyle on the bench and give wee Aidan a run out. I would say that Lyle is more of an impact sub nowadays let the younger ones run the defence ragged then send Lyle on to do some dama

Del boy must Start the game by far our best all round attacking option.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Has he though? I've said in the past, Smith's work rate isn't good enough. He has pace, he is willing to run with the ball and his positioning in dangerous areas is decent for his age. With that in mind you need to ask why he hasn't featured more. And for me it's his lack of work rate. He can go through games unnoticed if the ball doesn't come to feet. He need to look for the ball more often IMO.

If we started Smith ahead of Lyle we would be significantly weaker.

Yes. He's worked on his strength as well, a noticeably weak point in his game last season. I'm not saying to start Smith every game and I agree we're stronger with Lyle. I just think depending who we are playing would depend what strikers start.

I think it depends on the kick off time. If its a 3pm kick off, Del might value an extra couple of hours in his bed that coming on as a sub around 4:20 would give him. If its an evening game, get him on from the start. He's just getting going about 9ish ;-)

Spoiler

Why do we charge £16 for all the Cup games.

Thistle last week was £12 today against Queens Park it is only £10.

Take it clubs still half the gate money for Cuo games.

Is there no news on any new signings we are still at least 2 players short .

Need more experience in the squad

This is exactly why we shouldn't have fans on the board!

Fans on the board wouldnt pick the starting 11. Plus it's just my opinion, don't worry I'll no be hammering on for weeks about it like some of the folk of the here ;)