The Queen of the South thread

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think this sums it up. To finish one of the best 4 runners up we need to beat Stenny and then have 2 of the following happen:

- St Mirren win by no more than 3 more than us or Hamilton fail to win one of their two remaining games
- Kilmarnock win by no more than 2 more than us
- Motherwell win by less than us
- Alloa beat Raith (90 mins or penalties both fine)
- Raith beat Alloa in 90 mins and generate a 4 goal swing with our GD relative to Alloa's
- Dunfermline win by same or less margin we do or Inverness lose to Arbroath (either in 90 mins or on pens)
- Dundee United win on penalties while we beat Stenny by at least three or Inverness lose to Arbroath (either in 90 mins or on pens)

We could of course still win the group in theory but that would need Thistle to lose at home to Queens Park.

Great work SD.

No guarantee we will beat Stenny. Wouldn`t be at all surprised for us to win but lose a late goal which puts us out having been in a qualifying spot up until then :(

55 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think this sums it up. To finish one of the best 4 runners up we need to beat Stenny and then have 2 of the following happen:

- St Mirren win by no more than 3 more than us or Hamilton fail to win one of their two remaining games
- Raith beat Alloa in 90 mins and generate a 4 goal swing with our GD relative to Alloa's
- Dunfermline win by same or less margin we do or Inverness lose to Arbroath (either in 90 mins or on pens)
- Dundee United win on penalties while we beat Stenny by at least three or Inverness lose to Arbroath (either in 90 mins or on pens)

We could of course still win the group in theory but that would need Thistle to lose at home to Queens Park.

Looking at that, it appears that a win over Stenhousemuir probably will be enough, if we can manage it.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Busy at work today SD? :P

A good result tonight (assuming we win on Saturday) would be a draw or Edinburgh City win (I know it's a long shot).

That would mean we would be guaranteed at least 5th place in 2nd teams league going into Saturdays game sling 4th or sbove slightly easier to achieve.

In group A No one except  Peterhead can reach 9 pts. 

In Group B St Johnstone play Stirling meaning one will finish with less than 9 pts and if tonight's game is a win for Edinburgh or a draw then Hamilton can no longer get 9 pts and even if St Mirren thrash Edinburgh they would then win the group as Ayr have played 4 games. Ayr have a GD of +3 same as ours so either way we would beat 2nd in that group on GD. 

A  win for Alloa or a win on penalties against Raith or a Motherwell Stranraer draw  on Saturday would mean we would qualify other 2 groups slightly more difficult.

im sure SD will correct me if im wrong.

come on Edinburgh City

My experience of listening to open all mics is that if they're not at a recognisable SPL ground, then they often forget either where they are or who they're watching, so it would probably pour the proverbial oil onto a confusing, flammable situation.

There's a good chance that may well happen anyway. There was noise coming from it all game Vs Airdrie.

There's been noise coming from it in the terracing for the past season , few fans have complained about it before but nothing has been done surely needs an upgrade as it can be very annoying

Caught up with the highlights of the Partick game and the kit looks really really nice. I echo the thoughts of others and we need a left midfielder any news on that? I like the shape of the team so far and I certainly don't think we will be the worst of the full time teams in the league. We could be in for a very competitive season

Is there any problems with the the Queens site as it hasn't been updated since we lost to partick and the next game section at the bottom if the page seems stuck on the partick game no mention of the stenny match.

56 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Is there any problems with the the Queens site as it hasn't been updated since we lost to partick and the next game section at the bottom if the page seems stuck on the partick game no mention of the stenny match.

It has but the front page isnt auto refreshing. Try refreshing manually.

Would have Jacobs in DM before Pickard would also leave Lyle on the bench and give wee Aidan a run out. I would say that Lyle is more of an impact sub nowadays let the younger ones run the defence ragged then send Lyle on to do some damage.

9 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Would have Jacobs in DM before Pickard would also leave Lyle on the bench and give wee Aidan a run out. I would say that Lyle is more of an impact sub nowadays let the younger ones run the defence ragged then send Lyle on to do some damage.

I'm presuming you didn't see either of the last two games?

22 minutes ago, temps15 said:

pickard is a better option that jacobs, gets forward a lot more and he uses the ball a lot better. lyle is our best striker still why should he be on the bench? 

I'm presuming you didn't see either of the last two games?

Absolutely this. Lyle is a machine that doesn't seem to break down. He has to be one of the first named in the lineup this season.

I have been to the last two games!! and yes he has done fantastic, but as the game goes on he tires a lot quicker than other members of the team, what I'm saying is put Smith up front and then bring Lyle on as I think this season he will be more suited to coming of the bench to score goals
Pickard is always a walking booking and he still hasn't got a defined postion if you ask me .