The Queen of the South thread

I would imagine that most of the young fringe players will be loaned out . Smith Brotherston Moxon and the likes .Rigg and Tapping will hopefully also go, but might sit tight .Thompson should also go to release funds .

Agree with this. Tapping away hopefully and unfortunately rigg isnt good enough.

People still believing injured players are going to walk away from a contract to sit on the dole are nothing but deluded. Can't believe it is still being suggested by some.

This. When I replied to Supersouth asking if we could afford to release 4 players it had a double meaning: can we physically afford to get rid of 4 players and can we financially afford to. The answer to both is no. I don't for a second believe Rigg and Tapping will happily sign a release clause and be compensated with £0. Especially given they are crocked and teams wouldn't be falling over themselves to get these guys signed.

The only way I imagine 4 players leaving in January is if they are going out on loan but again I ask can we (physically) afford to do such a thing? Youngsters or not.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This. When I replied to Supersouth asking if we could afford to release 4 players it had a double meaning: can we physically afford to get rid of 4 players and can we financially afford to. The answer to both is no. I don't for a second believe Rigg and Tapping will happily sign a release clause and be compensated with £0. Especially given they are crocked and teams wouldn't be falling over themselves to get these guys signed.

The only way I imagine 4 players leaving in January is if they are going out on loan but again I ask can we (physically) afford to do such a thing? Youngsters or not.

This 3 or 4 leaving did only come from Supersouth. Given Naysmith has been very publicly talking about increasing the squad it would be very odd for anyone to leave, other than youngsters who arent going to get near the first team squad.

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 16:04, queenslad said:

Do you think any Queens players may be released or wanted by other teams? This would free up places in the squad and if they are not cutting the managers mustard!!

player swaps

This 3 or 4 leaving did only come from Supersouth. Given Naysmith has been very publicly talking about increasing the squad it would be very odd for anyone to leave, other than youngsters who arent going to get near the first team squad.

Naysmith's comments on the OS do suggest we'll see some leaving, to be fair.

28 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes, true. Does seem to contradict what he said before. Either hes decided some players arent good enough or intends sending some of the youngsters out on loan

Again though, thinking people aren't good enough, doesn't of itself enable the manager to get rid.  They'll only go in most cases if someone else is prepared to pay them similarly.  The fact that we're at the small end of the full-time spectrum further complicates matters with players heading downwards too.

I can see some youngsters going out on loan, or if as suggested a part-time move suits an aging player, then I suppose that could happen.  We really can't just punt blokes like Tapping though; neither should we wish to, or be allowed to.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Again though, thinking people aren't good enough, doesn't of itself enable the manager to get rid.  They'll only go in most cases if someone else is prepared to pay them similarly.  The fact that we're at the small end of the full-time spectrum further complicates matters with players heading downwards too.

I can see some youngsters going out on loan, or if as suggested a part-time move suits an aging player, then I suppose that could happen.  We really can't just punt blokes like Tapping though; neither should we wish to, or be allowed to.

No, and I wasnt suggesting we would or should.

Just now, Mr X said:

No, and I wasnt suggesting we would or should.

Yes, sorry.  I didn't mean to imply that you did.

I was just adding to the point that seeing someone as not up to scratch, is not enough to tear up a contract. Others had mentioned Tapping and unless his contract is entirely dependent on appearances, it would be senseless for him to leave.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I was just adding to the point that seeing someone as not up to scratch, is not enough to tear up a contract. 

Yeah, it seems only players can engineer the situation where contracts are torn up.

Higgins, Anderson and Hamill possibly on the way out?!!

Read this on Facebook also, would only be disappointed at Hamill leaving. For me Higgins is done, Anderson has struggled for early season form since he got the injury not sure if he's still carrying it. You'd imagine this would certainly free up wages