The Queen of the South thread

To give this some perspective though we are talking about rankine as he is now & what he has done recently in the same division ...mark Kerr was a young box to box time player when he left us & he took a very circuitous route to queens many years later...Mitch was a skilful lad but unfortunately we were a premier league team then & pace & physicality probably weren't his strongest suits....& again he went via another team albeit over a much shorter time frame...I've nothing against rankine & have heard so many times he's a model pro but I think whatever he had has gone

That is my thoughts exactly on Rankine. It is all very well him saying that he is only coming here to start games or at least that is being reported, but the simple fact is that no player should be dictating these terms. He will only start if he proves to be better than what we have in midfield. Certainly for him to edge out Jacob's energy he will have to be playing a lot better than when I last saw him.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think the fact that Houston was quite happy to see him offloaded to a rival side tells you about how good he's been since signing for us. 18 months seems a bit of a stretch.

Hope I'm wrong but that's pretty much how I see it!

Naywin's chat on the OS is about Rankin "setting standards", being a "fitness fanatic" and being somebody to "set an example" to young players.

Surprised we need that when we already have Millar.

Edited by Flash

According to his Wiki page, he made 30+ appearances for Utd each season before leaving for Falkirk this year.

He can't have declined that badly in such a short space of time. Surely?

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

Naywin's chat on the OS is about Rankin "setting standards", being a "fitness fanatic" and being somebody to "set an example" to young players.

Surprised we need that when we already have Millar.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Benji said:

According to his Wiki page, he made 30+ appearances for Utd each season before leaving for Falkirk this year.

He can't have declined that badly in such a short space of time. Surely?

DU were dire last season. Thats why they were relegated and why they punted him. 

1 minute ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Hard to judge Rankin on his time with us. Didn't get a run in the team and when he did play Houston's tactics weren't the best with him and Kerr in the same midfield.

Whilst that didnt suit he was always worse than Kerr. His last appearance against St Mirren he was truly awful. Giving away the ball at every opportunity.  Houston subbed him at half time thankfully and we went on to win the match.