The Queen of the South thread

27 minutes ago, NM_1919 said:

Read this on Facebook also, would only be disappointed at Hamill leaving. For me Higgins is done, Anderson has struggled for early season form since he got the injury not sure if he's still carrying it. You'd imagine this would certainly free up wages

Must be true if you read it on Facebook...

38 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Where's he headed?

Always liked Grant Anderson when playing against us.

No mention of where he is going that I know of, only that he is leaving. As I said earlier I thought he could still do a job if used properly and was free from injury. Maybe he's a bit pissed off at being used as a wide target man to try and win headers to flick on for the strikers instead of getting the ball to his feet to take men on and get crosses in. A few fans are pissed off with this tactic also.

I think Anderson could have been converted into a good right back/ wing back. Has all the attributes for that pace, strength, good in air plus he is a real 100% man.

There is a player there who can do a job but I think a step back would be the way forward. It may take some adjustment but full back is the easiest position to play by far. We seldom convert players - wingers are ideal for conversion to full back especially when they have the attributes that Grant Anderson has.

hopefully aidan smith is back in the squad for an option of the bench with some pace. that big fergusson boy has looked out of place whenever brought on and think smith is streets ahead of him.

still think the manager needs to bring in a full back and another winger 

anyone heard when dykes will be back fit?

40 minutes ago, the tactician said:

hopefully aidan smith is back in the squad for an option of the bench with some pace. that big fergusson boy has looked out of place whenever brought on and think smith is streets ahead of him.

still think the manager needs to bring in a full back and another winger 

anyone heard when dykes will be back fit?

I think Fergusson has looked ok at times. He looks good in the air and has abit of pace. Don't think Bell is near being ready yet though but he still has a lot of time on his side

Very much the sort of cool head we've been missing in the middle of the park.

Easy to say when none of them have kicked a ball, but fair play to Naywins for identifying the weak areas of the team and acting quickly to improve them.  Happy with the business we've done so far.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Yep, if that's true got to be pretty happy with that. Falkirk fans seem to say he's perfectly good at this level but there are just too many ahead of him in their squad.

Another option up front and at the back and I'd be fairly confident we'll pull away from the bottom.

Nope he's been terrible every time I've seen him & his last start when he got hooked at half time ( think it was against saints).was up there with any master of disaster performance ...mark Kerr who isnt looking to clever these days himself is has easily kept him out the side..him & millar would be a disastrous pairing....expect this to go very badly

Nope he's been terrible every time I've seen him & his last start when he got hooked at half time ( think it was against saints).was up there with any master of disaster performance ...mark Kerr who isnt looking to clever these days himself is has easily kept him out the side..him & millar would be a disastrous pairing....expect this to go very badly

To be honest, I would expect him to be our third choice behind Jacobs and Thomson.

Just now, kirkyblue2 said:

That would be ridiculous.

Why? We've been short in central midfield of late, which has meant we have had our best right back in there (even though he has played there throughout his career). We needed 2 new signings in there, one to play alongside Jacobs and another for cover. For me, Jacobs and Thomson are the best options to start, with Rankin then providing decent cover.