The Queen of the South thread

Rankin will do a decent enough job for you. For us the signing was so pointless and a waste of a wage due to the amount of centre mids we already had at the club. It made sense for us to move him on to allow the funds for a right winger, which we have none of.

I've got to say, that I don't feel the same antipathy towards Millar as a lot of Queens fans.  He's certainly not been great for us and I could live with his departure.

I don't think he's ever really been especially awful for us though.  He's not made the contribution many of us who'd seen the Falkirk player were hoping for, but at the same time, I'd class him as more of a slight disappointment than a shocking performer.  

I've seen us field a lot of players that have come up very much shorter.

I've got to say, that I don't feel the same antipathy towards Millar as a lot of Queens fans.  He's certainly not been great for us and I could live with his departure.
I don't think he's ever really been especially awful for us though.  He's not made the contribution many of us who'd seen the Falkirk player were hoping for, but at the same time, I'd class him as more of a slight disappointment than a shocking performer.  

I think the main problem I have is that he so clearly has the ability to be so much better. He just doesn't do it nearly often enough.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This. I`ll not be upset if he leaves but still a decent player in my view.

I think the main problem I have is that he so clearly has the ability to be so much better. He just doesn't do it nearly often enough.

This. If he was a mediocre player at best I could accept that and wouldn't be so critical of him. He's shown in the past he's capable of bossing games and has a lot of quality. The fact he is too lazy to show us that on a regular (or half regular) basis is what seriously pisses me off about him.

He should do a job at Livi though. If he can be bothered I reckon he could be a standout player. A different system may well benefit him as well. In behind the striker/s is where I think he'd be best applied.

From our point of view I'll be more than happy if he goes.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

This. If he was a mediocre player at best I could accept that and wouldn't be so critical of him. He's shown in the past he's capable of bossing games and has a lot of quality. The fact he is too lazy to show us that on a regular (or half regular) basis is what seriously pisses me off about him.

I'm not convinced that he's especially lazy.  For whatever reason though, he just doesn't seem able to perform at as consistently good a level as he's done before.  It happens.

Like everyone else, I've been waiting for a couple of years for him to come onto a real game for us, but I suspect that game is probably no longer there.  

That's why I'll not mourn if he leaves.  

I think the "lazy", "doesn't care" charge is overstated a bit though.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How many players in the current squad would you mourn if they left? You're not allowed to say Dobbie.

I'm not convinced that he's especially lazy.  For whatever reason though, he just doesn't seem able to perform at as consistently good a level as he's done before.  It happens.

Like everyone else, I've been waiting for a couple of years for him to come onto a real game for us, but I suspect that game is probably no longer there.  

I think the "lazy", "doesn't care" charge is overstated a bit though.

I generally look at things from both sides, especially when I'm having a discussion with a decent poster. But on this issue I won't budge on my opinion. Too many times I've seen loose balls in the middle of the park he fails to go for or a team mate looking for an out ball and he is unmarked in the middle but fails to lend a hand. It drives me insane. I refuse to put this down to him not be able to read a game. The only compromise I would make is that perhaps he doesn't have the legs to be in the engine room. But that would be as far as I go. From what I've been told from a source within the club, his attitude towards training is no different.

Not the worst player we've had; not even remotely close. But in terms of ability to application he's certainly up there as one of the worst.

How many players in the current squad would you mourn if they left? You're not allowed to say Dobbie.

(On a slightly related note)

When did Jack Brannan leave? Have to say that I'm a wee bit disappointed with that one. He always looked pretty solid for the 20's and is actually one I thought may have made a successful breakthrough.

Monkey Tennis I agree with your last comment. I don't think he has been lazy on the pitch but it is a label that has stuck. He is an easy target given his reputation but I have to say that he hasn't influenced games the way he should have done. With Dobbie up top he should have relished the prospect of playing one twos with him and really creating things but he has continually kept things simple and has been unimaginative for a player of his ability.

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Monkey Tennis I agree with your last comment. I don't think he has been lazy on the pitch but it is a label that has stuck. He is an easy target given his reputation but I have to say that he hasn't influenced games the way he should have done. With Dobbie up top he should have relished the prospect of playing one twos with him and really creating things but he has continually kept things simple and has been unimaginative for a player of his ability.

I'd agree that that's a fairer charge.