The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Indeed. It's reassuring that an outsider has been able to come in and within a few weeks spot the problems the fans have been raising for months, and deal with them.

Agreed. It remains to be seen if the issues are successfully dealt with though. I`m hopeful though.

Indeed. It's reassuring that an outsider has been able to come in and within a few weeks spot the problems the fans have been raising for months, and deal with them.

Supports Liason Officer will only help to strengthen the communication between the fans the board and the management . . .

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It would be just the thing for Millar to join another Championship Club and start to put in the kind of performances that we all hoped he would do for us. It won't be the first time rejected players have come back to haunt us.

As for Naysmith's releases and signing(s), I'll reserve judgement to see if there is any improvement in results before I start praising him.

He has played for us several times against Falkirk and hasn't exactly haunted them, so probably worth the risk.

Naywins seems to have sussed him pretty quickly, unlike his predecessors. He has also had to address the problem of inheriting the long term injury prone, signed by his predecessor. Or, at least, not signed by Naywins.

I also find myself agreeing with most of what he say in the podcasts, including stepping up the training.

We will all reserve judgement until we see how he gets on. But at least he appears to be trying to sort things out. 

Millar kept on getting signed and re-signed on this notion that despite the major concerns about his attitude and fitness that he would all of a sudden turn back into one of the best players in the division despite that probably not being the case since he left Falkirk the first time around.  I don't know whether that's his or his agent's delusion or that of the Manager/Football Development Manager/ Chairman that kept on bringing him back despite the mounting evidence that he wasn't even half of the player of his second spell at Falkirk. 

I don't mind people that aren't going to run all over the place if they have some quality or a Ross Forbes level set piece. Millar didn't suggest he did outside of a handful of games. He was the most forward thinking central midfielder the last two years but that is more an indictment on the rest of the team and the fact we tried to build a team around a washed up talent.

Livingston has a good choice of fast food chains so he'll be happy there at least.

Someone over on twitter suggesting that Morton are fighting it out with yourselves for the loan signing of Rory Loy from Dundee. We're in desperate need of a striker, with only Kudus Oyenuga available for tomorrow, and he's barely even a footballer let alone a viable option.

31 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:
18 hours ago, Rugster said:

Millar has a fondness for junk food, in particular McDonalds which is a bit of an indicator to his attitude. Wasted talent. 

31 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

Livingston has a good choice of fast food chains so he'll be happy there at least.

THREE McDonalds within a 2 minute walk of Livi's ground!

Edited by Jamie_M

9 minutes ago, weeredbook said:

Hooper has ben told he can go .Brotherston has attitude problem and could be next .

Disappointed if true about Hooper, I didn't think he got a fair crack at establishing himself in the squad.  He had a great game in the Cup game up at Hibs but then dropped right out of the picture.  I know he picked up an injury after that but since he's been back and available I thought he might get the odd game rather that move Brownlie out to a position he's clearly not comfortable at. As for Brotherston's "attitude problems" it strikes me that he may not be the only young player on the books who has this problem. 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

As for Naysmith's releases and signing(s), I'll reserve judgement to see if there is any improvement in results before I start praising him.

Definitely this.

If being proactive, if "doing something Mutley" was the mark of a manager, then we'd clearly have a genius on our hands.

As it is, it's better that he's doing something than nothing, but judgement is probably best reserved.

Anything, anyone that increases our goal threat from midfield gets my vote. How many midfielder goals have been scored in the last couple of seasons? ( answer must be somewhere between zero and not a lot.)

And if I can vote twice, anyone who can help Jacobs with winning the ball would be good too. ( one-legged crocks need not apply). 

Happy New Year!

I think it is pleasing that Gary Naysmith has acted quickly to bring in some new blood - no doubt about that. That said he is winless since 24/9 and by any measurement that is a very unwanted and worrying record. The acid test in terms of the new faces will be - can we start playing better and more importantly can we eventually get some wins (plural). The BOD seem to be making funds available to him and squad should be strong enough to get us out of trouble on paper.He now needs to manage and motivate the squad effectively to deliver his side of the bargain. If I am being honest I haven't seen anything in the games so far that inspires confidence. I think it is safer to reserve judgement.

Obviously if he can't turn things around then he will be toast but I would rather have him bringing in players than Skelton. The ones he has brought in look like they can do a job and the one who left was a passenger who did feck all.

I'll give Naysmith until the middle of the year before I can judge him. The football certainly hasn't been any better since he's come in but he's working with the exact same players. Could anyone has really turned it around this quickly?

I'm being an optimist for once and won't have a pop at him just yet as I don'r think he's done anything to warrant. Quite the opposite actually. Clearing out some of the dead wood and bringing in players in positions that were urgently requiring filling. Hopefully his new signings hit the ground running and we start to pick up points.