The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, A-Mac said:

Cheers. Will have to keep an eye out for it, only way I can get any live Queens action over here.

No problem. I take it you watch some of the away games on the likes of Raith TV?

2 minutes ago, PALMYLAD said:

A friend of mine trains at the same gym at Broadwood that Queens use and said the whole squad were in on Wednesday .
Isn't Wednesday their day off or do we know train 5 days a week ...?

Did Naysmith not say early on that he was changing the day off?

18 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No problem. I take it you watch some of the away games on the likes of Raith TV?

Hadn't even thought of that and didn't even realise clubs had live streaming, will definitely tune in now.

3 minutes ago, A-Mac said:

Hadn't even thought of that and didn't even realise clubs had live streaming, will definitely tune in now.

Not many do, but there are a few, which are officially available to non-UK residents.

Off the top of my head, I think its just these four in our division at the moment

Falkirk
Raith
Hibs
Dundee Utd

ETA - some of those also offer live audio commentary but I dont think anyone else does. Pretty sure Morton used to

Edited by Mr X

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not many do, but there are a few, which are officially available to non-UK residents.

Off the top of my head, I think its just these four in our division at the moment

Falkirk
Raith
Hibs
Dundee Utd

ETA - some of those also offer live audio commentary but I dont think anyone else does. Pretty sure Morton used to

Dunfermline do live video streaming for those living out with the UK as well. We also do a live audio stream which is available to residents of the UK as well as the rest of the world. 

2 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Dunfermline do live video streaming for those living out with the UK as well. We also do a live audio stream which is available to residents of the UK as well as the rest of the world. 

Cheers

I wasnt sure about Dunfermline and didnt see anything obvious on the website. 

2 minutes ago, PALMYLAD said:

Didn't Queens do live radio broadcasts to the hospital many years ago ...?

I think you're right, yes. Is there even such a thing as hospital radio anymore? :unsure2:

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I think you're right, yes. Is there even such a thing as hospital radio anymore? :unsure2:

I'm not sure if there is still hospital radio as such but, going back a couple of years, it was a  Pay-per- Listen service if you wanted to listen to any radio on the hospital's system which I would say reduced the demand for listening on a system which used to be free. 

10 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm not sure if there is still hospital radio as such but, going back a couple of years, it was a  Pay-per- Listen service if you wanted to listen to any radio on the hospital's system which I would say reduced the demand for listening on a system which used to be free. 

Yes, what was Patientline - not sure what its called now.

Thats why I wondered if there was still any local hospital radio on the go.

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yes, what was Patientline - not sure what its called now.

Thats why I wondered if there was still any local hospital radio on the go.

Maybe SD or someone in the know can confirm if hospital radio still broadcast at our home games. It is just anecdotal evidence but I heard it was maybe stopped during the Gus season as recovering patients were suffering relapses when listening to our games.

4 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Tell you now Jake Pickard..

Hooper and Anderson told theyre free to find other clubs too

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe SD or someone in the know can confirm if hospital radio still broadcast at our home games. It is just anecdotal evidence but I heard it was maybe stopped during the Gus season as recovering patients were suffering relapses when listening to our games.

Im 99% certain they dont still broadcast

1 hour ago, PALMYLAD said:

A friend of mine trains at the same gym at Broadwood that Queens use and said the whole squad were in on Wednesday .
Isn't Wednesday their day off or do we know train 5 days a week ...?

Day off has been Thursday the last 2 or 3 weeks as they've been playing midweek bounce games and changing the schedules. They were certainly off yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe SD or someone in the know can confirm if hospital radio still broadcast at our home games.

There hasn't been hospital radio broadcasts for at least 20 years. Sure Davie Shankland used to be involved with them. It wasn't the club that did them as far as I know but the hospital people. I don't even know if it would actually be allowed now or if you'd need to apply to the league for broadcast rights.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Falkirk
Raith
Hibs
Dundee Utd

That is awesome!! Thank you very much.

I will be able to get to watch a fair few games before the season is finished :)

On the official site match reports, the third substitute never appears to register so the stats for the players in that section.

Example being, Ross Fergusson only credited with 1 appearance when he has had at least 2.

Just in case the appropriate person is watching, incorrect stats upset me far too much.